External Reporting and Policy Manager at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including HBO, Disney, Guardian, Burger King, Seamless, Delivery Hero, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 and the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019 and 2020), and Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 and 2020). Our London office has also been Great Place to Work-Certified for 2021 by Great Place to Work UK.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As the External Financial Reporting and Policy Manager, you will report to the Director, Assistant Controller and be the lead for external financial reporting at Braze as we look towards public readiness. You will lead and manage the preparation of financial statements and related regulatory filings including but not limited to the 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, proxy statements, annual report, and earnings release presentations. This position will also be responsible for supporting quarterly reviews and annual audit, build management reports, and research, interpret and implement new accounting standards.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Responsible for financial statements and disclosures for external and internal reporting, including disclosures in the Form 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K and earnings releases.
- Review financial information included in the company’s external communications, such as those for investor/analyst conferences, earnings calls and releases.
- Own the completion of the quarterly and annual GAAP disclosure checklists.
- Assist with the preparation of stock-based compensation accounting, earnings per share and other equity accounting analyses, reconciliations and journal entries for month-end close
- Prepare supporting documentation related to SEC filings and engage with auditors to achieve an efficient audit or review of the filings
- Read and interpret accounting guidance and write memos on technical accounting topics to support conclusions reached.
- Assess the financial statement and disclosure impact of complex transactions,
- Monitor current developments in accounting literature to identify any changes in accounting policies, as needed.
- Assist with the documentation and maintenance of corporate accounting policies.
- Lead all aspects of the external filings, including XBRL tagging and review.
- Take initiative for process improvements to optimize the external reporting process.
- Prepare and/or assist with quarterly and annual internal Board of Directors and Audit Committee packages
WHO YOU ARE
- Certified Public Accountant
- 5+ years of experience at a Big 4 accounting firm or related SEC Reporting role
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP, financial statement presentation and Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization, from clerical staff to executives, and manage relationships with external parties
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manages competing priorities, and adhere to tight deadlines=
- SaaS or Technology industry experience
- General understanding of NetSuite, Workday or other comparable ERP systems
- Experience with Workiva is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
Braze is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and making our organization a place for all individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, familial status, disability status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are selected to interview, to request an accommodation either as part of the interview process or during your potential employment with Braze, please let your recruiter know and a member of our People Relations team will follow up with you.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.