Facilities Assistant at Flatiron Health
We’re looking for a full time Facilities Assistant to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here’s what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you’ll work with the Office Operations team at Flatiron HQ! We’re looking for a team member with an entrepreneurial spirit, a commitment to excellence, and a thirst to learn and develop in a fast paced environment. Reporting to the Manager, Office Operations, you’ll be one of the faces of Flatiron at HQ reception working directly with colleagues and vendors and also operating behind the scenes to keep Flatiron running smoothly. In addition, you’ll also:
- Own setup/breakdown of large meetings and events at Flatiron HQ including furniture setup, catering coordination, and working with the IT Support team to create a seamless user experience
- Partner with the Manager, Office Operations to create and maintain an inventory and restocking system ensuring that the office has a steady supply of snacks, drinks, office supplies, and janitorial products
- Own and operate the Flatiron HQ mailroom and shipping/receiving procedures, including receiving and sorting incoming mail/packages, coordinating shipping and tracking of outgoing business mail, working with the building to receive large deliveries and maintaining security at our freight entrances
- Be the go to person to keep the office running smoothly! You’ll take the initiative to make repairs as needed, assist with office moves and shuffles, source and manage vendors for large repairs or long projects, and partner with building janitorial and engineering teams to ensure all systems are running smoothly and efficiently
- Partner with our daytime porters to keep our common areas, pantries, meeting rooms and reception areas clean, organized and stocked with supplies
Who You Are
You're a resourceful and scrappy team player with 1+ years of experience working in a large office setting (500 employees or more). You’re collaborative and adaptable, ready and excited for new challenges daily with cross functional stakeholders. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact!
- You have strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- You have clear and concise communication skills
- You have the ability to think on your feet, change or adapt to any ambiguous situation and make on-the-spot decisions without sacrificing attention to detail
- You have the ability to juggle multiple priorities at once
- You are able to to maintain composure and sense of humor in high-pressure situations
- You are passionate about our mission and aligned with our core values
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.