Facilities Manager at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
As the Facilities Manager, you will oversee security, safety, contractor onboarding, project management and building coordination at our corporate office in Dumbo, Brooklyn. Your work will intersect with Legal, People, and IT to streamline our processes and documentation. You will be the liaison for our building systems and responsible for related vendor coordination, reporting, and iteration.
What You’ll Do:
- Improve all processes, documentation, and system tools pertaining to building safety and security, partnering closely with third-party security providers and internal security personnel at other locations
- Establish badge access request, issuance, clearance level, maintenance, and auditing processes, including integration with HRIS functionality
- Own the development of fire safety / emergency response plans and documentation in compliance with NYC Fire Code, leading employee training on a recurring basis
- Enforce protocols pertaining to health and safety plans, building and employee handbook regulations, and office practices for all individuals onsite
- Conduct physical inspections of the location uphold rigorous standards of cleanliness and operational excellence, scheduling cleaning, maintenance, and repairs as needed
- Organize and communicate inbound and outbound mail processes, including building out mail room, receiving deliveries, providing package notifications, coordinating with local carriers / building management, and implementing systems that cater to business needs
- Build out and manage external guest registration tools, coordinating closely with building management and internal stakeholders to deliver a high-touch experience for all visitors
- In partnership with Senior Facilities Manager, assist with planning and coordinating installations and refurbishments; inspect building structures to determine need for repair; supervise facilities staff (custodians, contractors, etc.) and balance space allocation according to needs.
- 2+ years of relevant facility maintenance and security experience at a like-minded company
- Respectful of the importance of confidentiality, particularly when dealing with sensitive security manners or employee data
- A natural leader who feels comfortable making autonomous decisions and driving business outcomes with third-party vendors
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced, roll up your sleeves type environment; self-starter, doer personality who will take initiative from day 1
- An organized communicator with a knack for meticulous record keeping and documentation
- Extremely positive and upbeat, someone who views challenges as opportunities and is willing to stretch themselves
- Must be comfortable working in RTR’s physical office location and on site at other locations as needed while taking necessary safety precautions
- Comfortable lifting 15-20 lb. items for mail room, office maintenance, moving, and event purposes
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.