Facilities & Workplace Services Manager
Squarespace is seeking a Facilities & Workplaces Services Manager who will be responsible for managing the day-to-day office facilities and infrastructure operations within the Squarespace occupied space at our NYC headquarters. In this job, no two days are ever the same. You’ll thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and will use your knowledge, diligence and creativity to promote an engaging and award winning office culture.
You will be based in New York and report to the Director of Facilities & Workplace Services.
- Proactively manage day-to-day facilities operations and work closely with our internal teams to ensure that all facilities related activity is performed in an organized, timely and professional manner
- Manage the performance and productivity of a small team responsible for the facilities departmental work
- Manage key vendor relationships (existing and new) and all contract services including but not limited to MEP building and office infrastructure, janitorial, HVAC, elevator and finish maintenance
- Responsible for the repair and maintenance program, including conducting regular reviews, KPI checklists and short and long term planning for repair, maintenance and capital improvements
- Assist the Facilities & Workplace Services Director in developing/maintaining budgets and RFP of contract services
- Continually enhance the creation and implementation of standard operating procedures (ex. Electrical and cooling tower shutdowns)
- Develop, maintain, and organize all critical spare part inventory, attic stock, blueprints, closeout documents, etc.
- Develop and lead safety programs
- Manage sustainability initiatives and utility usage analysis
- Lead compliance efforts related to cooling towers, elevators, life safety, etc.
- Effectively communicate departmental mission and strategies to management and work cross functionally with other internal teams, such as CorpIT, HR, Finance and Legal to ensure cohesive delivery of services
- 7+ years of facilities management experience
- Read and interpret technical documents including but not limited to blueprints, as builts, renderings, submittals, user manuals, etc.
- Working knowledge of electrical wiring and components, steam, water, and mechanical systems including but not limited to cooling towers, chemical water treatment, BMS systems, domestic water pumps, walk in freezers, Ketra Lighting, etc.
- Demonstrated experience leading negotiations with external vendors
- Non-business Hours Coverage - on call for all emergencies (monitor BMS, etc.) and able to occasionally work non-business hours to support projects and events
- Experience with Asana,Jira and PlanGrid required
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs, properly use a ladder
- Certifications - OSHA, P.E. etc., a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.