Fashion Operations Assistant
About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors and built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable and high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. We’ve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - and we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build and scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
As Fashion Operations Assistant, you will sit at the intersection of Buying, Site Merchandising, Sample Coordination, Planning & Allocation, and Inventory Operations. The Fashion Operations Assistant role at Rent the Runway is primarily responsible for supporting our liquidation operations, purchase order management systems, vendor relations program, and merchant tools. You will work with the Merchandising organization to help drive operations processes and assist with ensuring data accuracy across systems.
- Manage vendor relations program support, including the onboarding process, communication cadence, and exception management
- Engage with merchandising leaders to address challenges with vendor standards and partner with vendors with non-compliance to improve inventory flow through our warehouses
- Maintain shipment portal data in partnership with 3PL logistics, internal operations, vendors, and merchants
- As needed have an on-site presence at our warehouse for roll-out of merchant tool and operational initiatives
- Assist with ad-hoc projects that help the fashion team scale through phases of rapid growth, including troubleshooting, training, and ongoing support of third party software
- Assist with development of SOPs and documentation of ongoing process changes and workflows
- Troubleshoot issues and ensure there is consistency among all data sources between merchant, vendor, operations, and inventory management systems
- Assist with project management of sample sales, including ticketing and coordinating sample sale physical and digital assets, execution of partner and real estate contracts, creating files for and maintaining POS systems, ordering supplies and tracking deliveries, ensuring timely payments and deposits, and pulling sales reports
- Liaison between finance, PR, third party partners, operations, and inventory planners to ensure operational excellence and inventory control among liquidation channels
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic background
- 1-2 years of experience working in e-commerce, operations, or relevant professional experience
- A strong interest in project management
- Scrappy and comfortable wearing multiple hats and quickly switching gears between projects and priorities
- Ability to multi-task and simultaneously complete multiple projects on time
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically with Excel) and a desire to learn multiple systems
- Highly organized and self-disciplined with a strong ability to prioritize tasks and resources
- Detail oriented, efficient, self-starter, highly productive and collaborative approach to work
- Team-oriented with stellar communication and analytical skills