Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
The Field Quality Technician assists the Field Quality Engineering team to investigate and communicate issues and corrective actions to the broader Peloton teams. The right candidate for this role possesses the technical ability, problem solving and communication skills to troubleshoot, diagnose, and document failure analyses in accordance with the Field Failure Analysis process. They will also be responsible for updating and maintaining technical work instructions to support training with our customer support and field operations teams. As an individual the ideal candidate is independent, highly motivated, organized, flexible and enjoys working in a collaborative team environment to improve product quality.
This job is based in the US and requires some domestic and possible international travel. This role reports to the Field Quality Engineering Manager.
- Investigate and document reported issues or failures at our warehouse, customer locations or quality lab to provide specific details to Field Quality Engineers to aid in root cause analyses and implementation of corrective actions.
- Work with internal teams as a product expert to improve troubleshooting, increase customer satisfaction, and refine issue reporting to improve issue resolution time.
- Facilitate the training of field operation teams by authoring technical work instructions in coordination with Field Quality Engineers.
- Participate in the creation of rework procedures. Help coordinate resources and equipment and execute rework.
- Advise/recommend rework procedure, method, required resources
- Develop and gain approval of rework plans
- Coordinate execution of rework plans
- Coordinate actions/repairs in warehouse locations and at supplier
- Communicate result of implementation
- Verify results of implementation
- Support reverse logistics partners as product liaison. Participate in cross functional sustaining design efforts.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- AS in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, electrical engineering, or other technical discipline.
- 2-3 years of experience.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proven track record for understanding and execution of technical projects
- Lean/Six Sigma training, Green Belt a plus