Finance and Operations Manager
Imagen is extending the frontiers of medicine and artificial intelligence (AI) to improve human well-being. In the short term, we are building state-of-the-art AI software to reduce diagnostic errors in radiology and improve patient outcomes. Over the long term, we are transforming early disease identification and management through our interdisciplinary research at the intersection of medicine and AI.
We’re a team of leading scientists, engineers, clinicians, and industry professionals from some of the top healthcare and technology organizations across the globe. Our clinical team is comprised of radiologists and surgeons from Mayo Clinic, Stanford Hospital, Hospital for Special Surgery, Boston Children’s Hospital, and other prestigious institutions. Imagen’s technical team is comprised of machine learning PhDs and engineers with extensive experience doing research and building technology and products at leading companies, including Google and Facebook.
We were founded in 2016 and have raised over $60M from leading venture capitalists, hospitals and health systems, and technology entrepreneurs. Our institutional investors include Google Ventures and DFJ.
The Operations department at Imagen is a mission-critical group responsible for supporting the organization with a broad range of functions including finance, equity management, investor relations, legal, regulatory compliance, IT, facilities, and insurance. Operations keep the company running by designing and executing most business functions, in addition to tackling special projects for senior management. This role will work across most or all functions described above and will report directly to the Co-CEO.
- Assessing, contracting with, onboarding and managing vendors ranging from lawyers and investment managers to landlords and cleaning staff, often without supervision
- Working with internal business leaders and subject matter experts (including AI scientists, engineers, and radiologists) to accomplish their various business and legal goals
- Designing the tools and processes to support the disparate needs of the company, from budgeting to HIPAA compliance
- 3-6 years of experience in high caliber business environments including investment banking, private equity, consulting, or high-growth startups
- Highly organized and can successfully manage multiple work streams across different functions
- Strong quantitative and verbal skills with high attention to detail and a low tolerance for failure
- Excellent communicator with the ability to explain your processes, logic, and decisions
- Not above doing any task that needs to be done to support the company
This role is based in New York, NY.