Latch is looking for a Firmware Manager, based in NYC, to lead the firmware design, development, and integration of cutting edge technology for the our smart access products.
As a Firmware Manager you will be an integral part of a stellar engineering team responsible for building Latch's smart access control products. You will be focussed on firmware development for Latch devices, managing a team of firmware developers, owning the firmware development for multiple products and occasionally writing low level device drivers, doing board bring and everything needed to deliver high quality, robust firmware to production. You will work within a highly cross-functional feature team and collaborate closely with mobile, backend and hardware engineers. This position reports directly to the VP of Firmware and is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing team as we add value to our entire product family.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Lead and own firmware architecture and development of new and existing products.
- Deliver secure, resilient and robust designs - Lead and participate in technical discussions across engineering and product teams.
- Work with the electrical team for hardware bring up and verification of new designs.
- Work closely with the software and mobile teams for definition and implementation of wireframes used by devices for wireless communications.
- Write low level peripheral drivers needed for board and application bring up.
- Document design, functional specifications and releases documentation
- Perform power consumption analysis and optimize firmware for low power battery operation.
- BS or above in EE/CS.
- 8+ years of developing production firmware for 32/64 bit ARM/Cortex microcontrollers is a must.
- Lead engineer on at least 2 products is a must (2 years of direct management preferred).
- Passion for mentorship and a strong desire to lead a technical team.
- Experience working with wireless IoT devices - BLE/Internet connected/Battery powered IoT devices a huge plus.
- Extensive experience with production level firmware for power & memory constrained embedded products.
- Deep knowledge of electrical concepts and comfortable reading hardware schematics and debugging hardware at a board level.
- Strong knowledge of C and any one scripting language - python preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience with a RTOS used in small footprint embedded hardware.
- Familiarity/Experience working with network stacks and protocols TCP/IP, UDP, MQTT etc.
- Experience writing device drivers for serial communication protocols such as SPI/I2C/RS-232/USB etc.
- Working knowledge of commonly used IDEs and version tools such as git used in software development.
- Knowledge and experience working with Security, Cryptography a huge plus.
- Experience working with manufacturing and test fixtures a plus.
- Experience working with compliance and labs for device certification (FCC/CE/ETSI etc) a plus.
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture backed startup building the world’s first complete smart access system. We now boast over 100 employees, all of whom are all passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from Penn Station in New York City. We offer unlimited Paid Time Off and a competitive health package. And we offer an office environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers. And there is no better time to join us. As we grow as a company, we are excited to see our employees grow with us.
Applicant Privacy Notice