Fraud Investigator at Gemini
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Compliance
Compliance at Gemini is a team dedicated to managing the next generation of financial services compliance and financial crime in a complex and evolving regulatory environment. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, operational and compliance professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes.
The Role: Fraud Analyst
Gemini’s Risk & Compliance team is looking for a fraud operations associate to contribute to Gemini’s efforts to create the most trusted virtual currency exchange. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying, investigating, responding to and ultimately preventing fraud and account takeovers on the Gemini platform, while ensuring our customers have a both secure and seamless experience. You will play a major part in building and setting the direction of a high-performing team.
- Respond to and resolve fraud and account security-related incidents in a timely manner and work with customers to effectively resolve their issues
- Conduct in-depth account activity investigations through analysis of disparate sources of data (server logs, customer support tickets, trade activity, blockchain analysis etc.) in response to internal and external escalations
- Develop an understanding of the prevalent fraud vectors in the ecosystem and educate customers on how to effectively protect their accounts
- Process Maintenance & Improvement
- Formulate, implement and document rules & policies for fraud detection and prevention
- Scale fraud support while optimizing operational efficiency and quality
- Manage fraud & account security review queues; maintain or exceed established service level guidelines for timely resolution of reviews
- Cross-functional Collaboration
- Collaborate with Customer Support and Security on improving processes to prevent and respond to fraud
- Work with Product Management and Engineering to improve internal tools
- Project Management
- Take ownership of projects and make decisions in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- BA/BS in relevant field or commensurate years of experience
- 2 years of experience on a Risk, Trust and Safety, Fraud, or advanced Customer Support team handling incident investigations OR other relevant investigations experience
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with making decisions in ambiguity and maintaining composure in
- Roll-up-the-sleeves, no-task-is-too-small-attitude - willingness to do what’s necessary to ensure the safety of our customers
- A healthy balance of empathy and skepticism, and the ability to question one’s own assumptions
- Data exploration and analysis in spreadsheets (formulas, lookups, pivot tables etc.)
- Familiarity or experience with relational databases and SQL a huge plus
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.