Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About The role:
As the Maternity General Manager, you will sit at the intersection of growth, operations, and business excellence as the leader of Cityblock’s new maternity market development. You will collaborate closely with a clinical executive partner, who will own overall clinical strategy and care delivery for this emerging business. You will collaboratively build, test, and scale a culturally centered and innovative model informed by Cityblock’s track record and experience in complex primary care and principles of reproductive justice, and designed to solve the critical problem of worsening and inequitable maternal health in the United States. You will be responsible for delivering on goals and performance for markets and partnerships focused on sexual, reproductive and perinatal health, including in-market and new market growth, operational execution, clinical and quality outcomes, and financial success. Your management oversight and primary or shared accountability includes, and is not limited to, business operations, network development, partnership / account management, clinical operations, care delivery operational excellence, community based organization partnerships, member engagement and satisfaction, community outreach, and team management.
You will be an important leader within Cityblock’s growing team, and will collaborate cross-functionally with senior leaders across the organization, in particular operational, clinical, product, and growth executives, to be a face and leader for Cityblock on the ground. You will develop high quality professional relationships and lead execution of multi-million dollar annual revenue contracts. You will engage heavily with Cityblock’s health plan partners and other collaborative organizations in the market, such as risk-bearing health systems, provider groups and community-based organizations (CBOs).
You are driven by a passion for value-based, integrated health care and you care deeply about bringing best-in-class care models to birthing people with complex and varied health and social needs. You are an operator who brings experience managing large and distributed workforces and in building trust-based relationships with both front-line associates and senior executives.
If you like hard problems, are seeking out entrepreneurial opportunities, and are an amazing teammate and leader, we want to hear from you!
Requirements for the Role:
- Bachelor’s degree and a MBA or equivalent strongly preferred
- 10+ years leadership experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience managing a P&L
- Strong strategic acumen and operationally oriented; focused on continued performance excellence and efficiency, and seek ways to innovate
- Experience managing both clinical and non-clinical, large workforces (30+) containing job roles that vary in complexity and support requirements
- Hands-on operations leadership experience. You’ve built and improved teams, built deep stakeholder relationships will, and driven high-fidelity, field-based operations
- Superb project and process management skills; particularly with modern tool suites and cloud collaboration. You’re rigorous, energetic, agile, flexible, and aren’t afraid to do the work yourself.
- Experience collaborating with the product, data, and engineering teams
- Exceptional organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to project professional competence, leadership capability, and personal maturity
- You lead by example of inspiring a commitment to Cityblock’s mission
- Charismatic with excellent presentation skills.
- Demonstrated success in data-driven decision-making with the ability to own external relationships with key executive stakeholders
- Experience in managing and assessing rigorous quantitative and qualitative market performance
How We Define Success:
- Refine Maternity operating model in trust-based partnership with clinical leadership (both within assigned markets and nationally), including staffing models and team member KPIs
- Build a diverse, high-performing team of operations, clinical, and support staff representative of those we will serve ahead of initial launch, supporting hiring, managing and initial training
- Lead operating team to achieve operational and financial goals
- Identify opportunities to continuously improve operations based on real-time learnings, iterating quickly
- Build scalable processes + tools that can support operations across multiple markets
- Develop and deliver regular updates on business performance and growth strategy to Cityblock Executive team and external clients.
- Drive market expansions and local launches (if/when applicable) by starting and scaling first-in-market teams as well as expansions to propagate Cityblock’s model into peripheral geographies
- Grow membership base and market share to meet assigned market growth goals
- Partner meaningfully and respectfully with community-based organization and provider networks;
- Collaborate with health plan partners to meet shared goals and support Cityblock’s care model; includes leading Joint Operating Committee meetings and ongoing operations collaboration meetings.
- Promote a metrics-driven culture, with the development of consistent approaches to setting performance targets, forecasting and ongoing performance improvement
- Act as a business development leader, targeting and developing new strategic collaborations, orchestrating collaborations to drive revenue diversification, and leading local implementation
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Multilingual; English & Spanish preferred
- Experience operating in a value-based care setting (e.g. capitated arrangements, ACO) where you were accountable for achieving success against key performance metrics
- Deep experience with Medicaid-insured populations and relevant clinical practice operations
- Comfort using a variety of technologies and systems, including practice management, care management, electronic health record, and billing systems
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.