Transfix, named to Forbes’ “Next Billion-Dollar Startups” list, is the leading transportation solutions provider whose digital brokerage marketplace and logistics software offerings are helping transform the $800 billion trucking industry. Since its founding in 2013, Transfix has been driven by a mission to deliver simple, smart, and sustainable solutions for shippers and carriers, powered by people and technology.
By combining deep industry expertise and a best in class carrier network with cutting-edge technology, Transfix is reimagining the world of transportation. Fortune 500 companies such as Staples, Unilever, Target and Wayfair rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing, algorithmic matching, superior service, and unmatched intelligence, Transfix is optimizing the supply chain from start to finish. Come leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. Recognized as one of Built In’s Best Places to Work 2021, Transfix is building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We’re hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
As our first GM of SaaS, you will lead and develop a cross-functional team, own the P&L end-to-end, set strategy to drive monetization and growth, develop partnerships with clients, run day-to-day operations, and lead the team with innovative thinking to guide the product roadmap. This is the perfect opportunity for an entrepreneurial leader who is excited about taking an early stage business and building it into a multi-million dollar P&L, and has a passion for building teams, processes, and product.
The ideal candidate will have a broad skill set, demonstrated career progression, and a proven track record for delivering results. They will possess strong analytical acumen, superb business judgment, and a propensity to dive deep and solve complex problems. They will have a bias for action and be used to working with a high degree of autonomy. They will also be a self-starter and be able to execute at both a tactical and strategic level with a strong attention to detail.
What You’ll Do:
- Build the vision for SaaS and fully own the SaaS business at Transfix. Drive growth and manage the P&L from end-to-end, with a focus on 10x topline growth while retaining a strong bottom line.
- Develop a repeatable, predictable, and scalable sales process.
- Recruit and lead top talent on the SaaS team, including sales and support, with dotted lines into product marketing and product development. Must be willing to take a hands-on approach and get into the weeds.
- Develop a deep understanding of the product and product roadmap to partner with the VP of Product Development to iterate and grow the business.
- Develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape and emerging industry trends to influence and inform product development, pricing, and go-to-market.
- Work cross-functionally with our Product, Data, Finance, Analytics, Sales, Account Management, Marketing/PR, Partnerships, and Operations teams to drive growth in SaaS.
- Bachelor's Degree - MBA a plus but not required.
- 12+ years of experience in program management or general management, with a focus on business development and/or technology.
- 3+ years of experience in building and managing teams, ideally in sales, business development or partnerships, ideally in SaaS.
- 3+ years of experience in end-to-end P&L management, with demonstrated knowledge of how to pull revenue and cost levers to meet goals.
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills - ability to use data to develop and measure sales progress, forecasting, and product execution and engagement.
- Experience managing projects across cross-functional teams.
- Experience handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; proven ability to get results across multiple groups and disciplines.
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.