General Manager at CAMP
About the Company
CAMP is a startup retailer built to engage and inspire young families.
CAMP combines merchandise, experience, play and media.
CAMP will open its flagship store in Flatiron, NYC (110 5th ave) November 2018.
What is the Role?
We are looking for a General Manager for our NYC Flagship location.
You will be responsible for:
- Building, leading and managing a team of store experience managers and associates dedicated to delivering a experience that connects with each of our customers and builds our community.
- Supervising the day to day activities of the store, ensuring we consistently deliver the best experience to our customers.
- Driving revenue by ensuring our store experience team members are delivering outstanding customer service, providing helpful product insights, and are developing individual relationships with customers to guide them through the experience.
- Partnering with People & Operations teams to create employee training and development programs to ensure every team member is delivering a memorable experience to customers.
- Managing a team of store managers and retail associates.
- Weekly staff scheduling, approval time off requests, etc
- Oversee the execution of visual merchandising strategy.
- Partnering with Operations to define store KPI’s, set and track sales goals, optimize productivity.
- Providing consistent feedback to our buying team to identify areas of opportunity and share voice of the customer insights.
What is required?
- 5+ years of retail management experience and a desire to create unique and memorable retail experiences.
- Passionate about delivering memorable experiences to customers.
- Tack record of casting, growing and retaining quality talent, particularly in retail
- Experience coaching and training employees through programs focused on sales, customer service and product education.
- Experience merchandising retail store floors.
- Proven track record delivering experiences that drives loyalty and exceeds customer expectations.
- Desire to be part of a tight knit team looking to transform the traditional retail experience.
- Holding yourself and your employees/team to high standards
- Bonus but not required: you may have hidden talents that can add magical moments to our retail experience
Interested in joining the team?
- Submit your resume and cover letter.
- Address your cover letter to me, Lindsay, letting me know why you want this job and why we should hire you!