General Manager at Betterment
Betterment for Business is an award winning 401(k) partner that works as hard for your money as you work to earn it. We’re seeking a General Manager to lead a customer-focused b2b business. Our story is one you get - and you’re excited to tell it. We started this business out of frustration with the lack of innovation in the 401k space, and a desire to bring the same values and service available to our retail customers to the employer space. You understand that success is not just about hitting our sales goals today, but empowering an organization to scale for years to come. We have ambitious goals - to be the fastest growing offering in the market - and you’re looking for exactly that sort of career-defining challenge.
You’re praised for your leadership skills - any team you’ve led has experienced tremendous growth and success. Strategic vision, and the ability to execute against yours, comes naturally; stepping in to optimize an operation is no problem. You’re customer obsessed, drawing your energy and motivation from delighting them by building a world-class service. You seek out fast-paced, customer-obsessed organizations because that’s where you draw your energy and motivation. You instinctively know how to ensure your entire team is equally obsessed, looking to delight our customers at every interaction.At Betterment you will get to:
- Be responsible for the success of a mission-driven b2b organization driving customer and revenue growth at a startup within a startup
- Set the strategy for the business line (think about target customer, product/market fit, distribution plans, etc.) and drive success
- Run, manage, and support the B2B distribution and sales teams as they scale
- Set a high standard for data integrity, sales reporting, and forecasting, operating within a data-driven environment
- Serve as the internal voice of our customers, offering insights into the market
- Lead conversations and be the ultimate decision maker on cross functional efforts between Product, Marketing, Engineering, Legal, Operations and Customer Support to grow the business
- A proven track record of leading multiple business functions and growing businesses with 10+ years of experience in leading sales, marketing, operations, partnerships, and BD, particularly in B2B software (SaaS), HR benefits, or financial services
- Demonstrated success as the P&L owner and team leader responsible for a business or business line
- A desire to work within a high-growth environment, and possessing the ability to motivate your team to exceed high performance expectations
- Strong strategic instincts, negotiating skills, and analytical rigor
- Excellent relationship-building and maintenance skills with partners internal and external
- Empathy for your target customer and your coworkers
- A knack for storytelling in both written and verbal form
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $20 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 480,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.