Global Event Manager at Major League Baseball
The MLB Gaming & VR group drives the development, publishing, and licensing of video game and VR products featuring the Major League Baseball brand. The group deploys a schedule of live events throughout the season at key events, festivals, concerts and more. The Home Run Derby VR interactive (“HRDVR”) is a key attraction at these events, delighting fans with a transformative Virtual Reality experience from the All-Star Game to the London Series and beyond.
The Global Event Manager will collaborate with internal teams, MLB Club representatives, and third-party partners and to deliver on event goals and guest experiences, elevating the MLB brand and engaging current and future fans. Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing, the Global Event Manager will drive the strategy, planning, and execution of live-event activations across the country, and around the world.
- Oversee live event planning and deployment for HRDVR and other gaming products
- Interface with club and partner contacts to ensure effective third-party deployments
- Manage consumer facing marketing efforts including online ads, content marketing, websites and more
- Develop training and informational materials including documentation, video, and interactive collateral
- Manage event budgets, vendor agreements, invoicing and financial reporting
- Oversee production of live and recorded video content, including live content streamed through Twitch, MLB.com and other key channels
- Develop and maintain influencer relationships to create content and engagement
- Design and produce promotional items and premiums for use throughout the season
- Develop and key metrics to measure the impact and efficiency of all initiatives
- Monitor market trends and innovations in the events, gaming and VR spaces
- Identify and develop brand partnership and sponsorship opportunities
- 5+ years’ experience in event production
- Technological native able to troubleshoot PC and console gaming environments
- Experience with VR hardware and software a huge plus
- Experience executing at gaming/lifestyle conferences such as PAX, CES, SXSW
- Highly organized with a great attention to detail.
- Availability to maintain a rigorous schedule of Domestic and International travel.
- A passion for baseball and video games!
- 50% travel required