At Anchorage Digital we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage Digital offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote friendly, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in San Francisco, New York City, Indianapolis, Sioux Falls, Porto, and Singapore.
Anchorage Digital is searching for a Global Head of Controls to support and build best-in-class compliance, risk, and internal audit frameworks across all of our regulated subsidiaries. The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial and innovative compliance leader who has demonstrated courageous integrity and creativity in designing, building, improving, and scaling programs that meet regulatory requirements and expectations, while also supporting business goals (the advancement of crypto is a plus).
As a Global Head of Controls, you will:
- Build, design, and continuously improve best-in-class compliance, risk, and internal audit frameworks across our all regulated subsidiaries
- Serve as a trusted advisor and provide day-to-day guidance to and coordination of compliance, legal, sales, ops, CX, finance with regards to regulatory, compliance, and ethical matters
- Design and shape innovative compliance and regulatory solutions that are keenly aligned with business objectives and advancement of the crypto industry
- Collaborate effectively with and with autonomy across multiple teams and departments
- Attract, retain, train, mentor and motivate top talent, including a strong compliance, internal audit, and risk leadership team
- Serve as a subject matter expert across all compliance domains, especially AML/KYC and financial crimes
- Collaborate with senior leadership to develop and execute on a global compliance business strategy that supports our broader strategic goals and advancement of crypto
- Build and scale process management and automation across all compliance sub-domains to ensure we are developing, implementing, monitoring and continuously updating an innovative, efficient and scalable program
- Serve as a steward and spokesperson to regulators and the broader crypto and tradfi industries
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- Experience at both (1) a banking or financial crimes regulator or traditional banking institution AND (2) a fintech or startup environment
- Proven success building, designing, and continuously improving best-in-class compliance, risk, and internal audit frameworks across our all regulated subsidiaries
- The ability to design and offer compliance and regulatory solutions that are keenly aligned with business objectives and advancement of the crypto industry
- The ability to listen, communicate, and influence decisions effectively across multiple teams and departments
- Proven track record to attract, retain, training, mentor and motivate top talent, including a strong compliance, internal audit, and risk leadership team
- Deep expertise in compliance and sub-domains (especially AML/KYC and financial crimes) as well as general operational excellence and business strategy Expertise in process management (e.g. six sigma) and automation to ensure we are developing, implementing, monitoring and continuously updating an innovative, efficient and scalable program
- The ability to serve as a steward and spokesperson to regulators and the broader crypto and tradfi industries
- Proven success leading innovative, best-in-class global compliance, legal, and/or risk programs across multiple subsidiaries and geographies
- Proven experience leading teams of 75+ people across multiple disciplines and timezones
- Experience in risk management including business, geographic, and economic
- Deep knowledge of legal requirements and controls (e.g. Anti-Money Laundering/KYC)
- Fluency and experience interacting with the IT department to design programs for predictive data analysis
- Familiarity with both crypto and traditional financial services industry practices and professional standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong and proven integrity and professional ethics
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- Professional certification (e.g. Certified Anti-money Laundering Specialist (ACAMS) is a plus
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
About Anchorage Digital: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.
Read Full Job Description