Squarespace is seeking a Global Security Manager to join our Workplace Services team to lead the protective services mission in all Squarespace offices. In this role, you will incorporate security and safety in our workplace and facilitate our culture of collaboration, innovation, passion and hospitality. You will thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and will use your knowledge, diligence and creativity to promote a safe and engaging office culture.
You will be based in our NYC headquarters and report to the Director of Workplace Services.
- Develop, execute and promote a well crafted protective services mission and strategy for our growing company
- Manage the day-to-day physical security operation in our four offices, including one global office and contracted staff across all facilities
- Manage our technical security systems, including access control and CCTV
- Develop, plan, execute and review fire safety programs and evacuation drills
- Manage the maintenance and upkeep of the Business Continuity Plan
- Oversee our executive protection program, including travel intelligence
- Provide guidance and training sessions for staff and stakeholders
- Develop and manage relationships with our security services vendors and suppliers
- Plan, execute and review operational security risk assessment for office locations, internal and external event and executive travel destinations
- Manage relationships with office location’s landlord security and wardens
- Manage local incident management, including all internal investigations
- Effectively communicate departmental mission and strategies to management and work cross functionally with other teams such as IT, HR, Data Security, Finance and Legal to ensure cohesive delivery of services
- 5+ years of corporate security management experience
- 10+ years of law enforcement or government agency experience
- Experience in investigations, negotiations and people management
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Non-business Hours Coverage - on call for all emergencies and special events, able to occasionally work non-business hours
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.