About the team
The Global Sourcing team is responsible for managing our global supplier base across all products and brands. The team manages new and existing supplier relationships, defines our production strategy, drives cost savings, and implements processes to help scale our supply chain. From concept to scale up to mass production, we are plugged in every step of the way.
We work cross-functionally with teams in New York, London, and China – including Marketing, R&D, Quality, Packaging Development, Retail, Distribution, Sales & Operations, Planning, Finance, Legal and other functions to lead product launches, sustain programs, and set optimal supply chains that allow our brands to flourish.
About the role
As a member of the Global Sourcing team, you will have the opportunity to be the first person at Harry’s dedicated to managing indirect sourcing. We just created this role, and need someone to hit the ground running. You will develop and execute on an indirect spend strategy that you create. We believe this is a big opportunity for Harry’s to continue to scale our business.
You will work cross-functionally with teams in New York and London to partner on spend management programs, contract negotiations, supplier strategy, and system implementations. You will lead sourcing events across multiple indirect categories from start to finish -- RFX development, to supplier selection, contract negotiation, and performance management. You will be responsible for the creation and implementation of strategic initiatives to achieve short and long term savings
What you will accomplish
- Build and support the company’s indirect spend supplier base in partnership with global, cross-functional team members
- Manage indirect spend opportunities and cost savings initiatives, acting as a trusted business partner to stakeholders across the team; establish annual goals and provide visibility toward our success
- Drive the analytics behind the function in an effort to improve spend visibility, reporting, and compliance
- Establish the standards that stakeholders must adhere to when onboarding new supplier partners and negotiating contracts
- Source and lead the implementation of our first enterprise indirect spend management software tool
- Lead cross-functional projects and routinely present metrics and recommendations to the leadership team to inform the company’s strategy for indirect spend management
This should describe you
- Background in an analytical, data-driven, or project management role; preferably supply chain, operations, or finance
- Exposure or direct management of enterprise spend management tools (Ariba, Coupa, etc.); SAP S4 ERP experience preferred
- Experience with annual budget planning and ongoing financial forecasting processes
- Strong negotiator who understands multiple techniques and practices and can work closely with Legal to execute on contract improvements
- Strategic thinker with a creative approach to solving problems
- Appreciates building lasting relationships with internal and external partners
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal). You can tailor and adapt your approach and style depending on the audience and have experience working with leadership teams
- Self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment; can switch gears as required
- Growth mindset; appreciates and thrives from feedback
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to Director, Global Sourcing
- Working on the Global Sourcing team and the Chief Financial Officer on initiatives
- Partnering with Supply Chain, Finance, IT, Marketing, People, and many more.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.