GM, Physical Access at CLEAR
CLEAR’s mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences for consumers. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics - your fingerprints, eyes, and face - we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 60+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we're working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
We’re looking for an exceptional leader to drive expansion of the CLEAR identity network to all aspects of physical access.
The GM, Physical Access will act like a founder, taking ownership for the creation, development, and, ultimately, success of an entirely new business vertical at CLEAR focused on delivering a more secure physical environment via frictionless experiences for those who interact with them every day.
Reporting to the EVP, New Verticals, you will build our physical access business from the ground up by:
- Thinking like a product manager: becoming an (even deeper) expert in the field, developing theses, soliciting constant customer feedback and ultimately ensuring we’re building the right “it”.
- Acting like a business owner: understanding the market, developing business models and financial plans that you will be charged with delivering, to build a business that is scalable with a clear line of site to revenue and profitability.
- Delivering results: owning both business strategy and execution, never thinking any task is too small or too large when you’re starting something from scratch, while hiring and leading a world-class team to bring your plan to fruition.
This role is crucial to CLEAR success, and you’ll partner with leaders across our organization to develop solutions for new customer segments, but potentially also for our existing ones: airports, sports and healthcare.
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of professional experience as a general manager (with a product mindset), product manager (with business acumen), or founder, having built new products or services successfully from concept to scale
- Deep familiarity and expertise in real estate technology and innovation; landlord relationships a plus.
- Experience in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment where results matter and ruthless prioritization is key to achieving results.
- Financial dexterity with a track record of building and iterating new business models and revenue opportunities.
- Structured, organized, and extremely detail-orientated, with a keen self-awareness to understand you don’t have all the answers.
- Research and first principles-orientated with an eye for great human-centered problem solving, with an ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and make product trade-offs (some technical background a plus)
- Constantly seek out feedback on how to make your products better - from your customers, internal teams (sales, customer success), evaluating quantitative internal metrics and data, and more
- Cultivate a supportive culture where team members can do their best work. Promote ownership and accountability, great communication, learning and teaching, good decision making, and constantly raise the bar for your teammates and the company
- You’re someone who biases towards action and wants to work in a fast-paced startup environment where you own your decisions and measure their outcomes
- An open and effective communicator, which includes being a great listener and observer as well as a great deliverer of your message. You’re always working in partnership with your teammates and other teams, and know how to use customer feedback to improve your products