Based in New York, DigitalOcean (DO) is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about helping our customers and partners realize the benefits of DigitalOcean’s cloud infrastructure
We are looking for a Lead for our Partnerships program who can build, facilitate and drive new partner acquisition to support our global revenue goals. Reporting to the Global Go-to-market Head, the GTM Lead would initially act in the capacity of a “player-coach” having the dual responsibility of attaining an individual revenue target while also helping build the team and help amplify our partnerships program globally. As a seed hire, you will play a critical role in setting up and scaling the Partner program. The GTM Lead will work closely with other functions within DigitalOcean such as Marketing, Product, Infrastructure and Finance to ensure the Partner program scales effectively.
The candidate should be a seasoned Channel & Alliances professional with direct experience working in the Cloud industry, specifically IaaS, PaaS or SaaS. Key responsibilities will include identifying appropriate partners to target, driving the necessary business and technical relationships and establishing new business in those accounts.
If you are a high performing business development leader looking to make a big impact on a rapidly growing Partnerships & Sales team, we look forward to speaking with you.What You'll Be Doing:
- Prospect organizations who fit DO’s partner profile, identify decision makers, build a partner pipeline and generate strong interest for DO’s infrastructure
- Handle inbound inquiries into DO, qualify them as potential partner development targets, and prioritize against current initiatives
- Structure, negotiate and close strategic partnerships agreements
- Build a team of Partner managers & develop & execute against a comprehensive plan
- Work closely with all internal stakeholders to explore, plan, and execute partnerships
- Maintain strong relationships with existing partners and continue to build new programs
- Consistently achieve or exceed qualified monthly quotas
- Building and running prospecting activities (calls, emails) to targeted leads. These leads should be both self-sourced and from other marketing sources
- Using Social Selling techniques to expand your network and open up new business opportunities
- Documenting and tracking within a Salesforce CRM system, which will be critical to your success
- Bringing a high-energy, positive mindset every day which embodies the DigitalOcean principles
- Proven track record of achieving measurable goals in a partner development/sales environment
- Strong network/relationships and ability to build strategic relationships
- Highly self motivated and entrepreneurial, with experience in leading and managing business development teams in a distributed environment
- Ability to work independently to identify, evaluate, generate new business opportunities, and drive them to closure
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized with an ability to multi-task & prioritize tasks
- Previous experience in IaaS or PaaS is a plus
- Ability to clearly understand and articulate solution value propositions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts in clear and concise terms
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Be curious and ask questions
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our GTM team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!