Group Director, Business Strategy
Group Director, Business Strategy (New York)
Position: Full Time
Movement Strategy is looking for a Business Strategy Group Director to join the team in our New York office. If you’re a strategic leader with 10-12yrs+ experience, and a proven track record successfully managing and growing large-scale accounts, keep reading!
We’re a full-service social media agency with offices in NY, Denver, and LA. We work closely with several leading brands that span across a variety of industries and global markets. Delivering business results through bespoke creative and unexpected collaborations, rooted in strategy and data, is what drives our continued success. We believe in true partnership, team collaboration, non-stop hustle, and a good whiteboard session. We take great pride in a company culture grounded in the entrepreneurial spirit and personal growth. Here at Movement, we’re a group of passionate creative thinkers, with a point of view and fresh perspective.
Our ideal candidate is well-versed in building and leading first-class client teams, particularly within a digital agency environment, driving strategy development and big picture thinking at every turn. They bring their A-game every day, and are always one-step ahead of everyone else.
The Group Account Director is responsible for being a senior-level strategic partner for our clients, earning their trust and building mutually-beneficial long-term relationships. We’re looking for a passionate, results-driven professional to contribute to a growing agency as a valued thought-leader within the organization.
— Managing Vision & Purpose: Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; makes the
vision sharable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire teams, business units, or organizations.
— Organizational Agility: Knowledgeable about how organizations work; gets things done both through formal and informal channels; effectively maneuvers through complex political situations.
— Strategic Agility & Innovation: Learns quickly when facing new problems; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
— Management: Anticipates future consequences and trends accurately; brings creative ideas to market; recognizes strategic opportunities for change; creates competitive and breakthrough strategies.
— Drive for Results: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; does not give up before finishing, even in the face of resistance or setbacks; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
● At least 10-12yrs+ experience managing and growing large-scale client business and global brand portfolios,
primarily within a digital agency environment.
● Comfortable interacting with clients at the Executive level.
● Successful track record of leading and winning new business pitches, and mining new opportunities.
● Experience leading client issue resolution and contract negotiations.
● Experience leading all client engagements; providing strategic guidance, thought leadership, integrated plans,
staffing solutions, revenue forecasts, and oversight of all day-to-day operations.
● Experience leading all aspects of account planning and digital strategy development across multiple clients and
● Embody the ‘lead by example’ approach–constantly inspiring and motivating cross-functional teams to produce
outstanding work. More importantly, you need to be a person that people want to work with and learn from.
● Experience growing and developing internal teams.
● Work closely with, and support, the Vice President of Business Strategy to uphold department vision, manage
and mentor junior team members, aid in new business as assigned, and work in a collaborative and creative
manner with all employees.
● Maintain high standards and impeccable attention to detail across internal and external deliverables.
● On top of the latest industry trends, breakthrough creative campaigns, and emerging technologies.
● Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
● Natural born Hustler–proven self-starter with the drive to succeed in a fast-paced agency environment.
● Proactive and naturally curious about the digital space, constantly looking for opportunities.
● Passionate about the work you do, always treating the client’s business as if it were your own.
● Positive thinker whose optimistic outlook is contagious to everyone around them, clients included.
- 100% employer contribution for heath, vision and dental
- 401k plus match
- Paid vacation and sick
- Life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Movement Journey – Stipend for continued education or personal growth
- Amazing colleagues!