Thank you for your interest in joining the team at Betterment! We are all finding ourselves in an uncertain environment given the ongoing developments with Coronavirus (COVID-19). As you know, Betterment’s mission is to empower people to make the most of their money so they can live better, and we maintain that steadfast commitment regardless of market conditions.
We are hiring slowly but thoughtfully at this time. We will be reviewing all applications for each open role on a weekly basis through June, 2020. Given this shift in hiring pace, you may not hear back from us for a few weeks. If your application seems like a good fit for this position, we will contact you in order to schedule a phone interview.About the right team member:
You are motivated by providing world-class service to clients, with excellent attention to detail and strong ability to translate 401(k) plan administration to external partners. You know how to be a client advocate while balancing the current suite of offerings to fit current client needs. You prioritize relentlessly, effectively leading your team and ensuring all clients receive world-class service. You are perpetually curious; always looking to improve yourself and those around you. You are able to distill complicated information for clients to help them understand performance. You are entrepreneurial and can demonstrate quick thinking and creative problem-solving. You dream up ways to change and improve the way Americans save money for their retirement.
As the primary point of contact between Betterment for Business and its defined contribution clients, this role is critical to the success of our business. We welcome strong self-starters who are scrappy, inventive, and who strive to craft the best possible plan sponsor experience.At Betterment you will get to:
- Develop the strategy and plan for the Relationship Management team, including gaining stakeholder buy-in to formalize process and improvement
- Guide overall client on-boarding implementation of plans to ensure 100% happiness across assigned book of business
- Partner daily with various internal teams to collaborate on the resolution of complex customer problems and issues
- Serve as the escalation point for all client issues, and when necessary, coordinate with Legal
- Build account plans to assist plan sponsor in achieving strong plan participation rate and actively support these efforts
- Act as Betterment representative for 401(k) committees, providing critical insights and perspective to plan sponsors
- Build strong relationships with Sales stakeholders to improve client handoff and support for top tier relationships
- Assist Sales and Product Management teams in the development of client and industry profiles
- 5+ years of experience of relationship management overseeing Defined Contribution plans and team management
- Proven track record working directly with clients, including examples of positively impacting product adoption
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Attention to detail and recordkeeping, particularly in CRMs such as Salesforce
- Prior experience implementing and guiding SLA servicing framework
- Proficiency in Salesforce, GSuite, Microsoft office
- Familiarity with Asana, Outlook and/or Zendesk preferred but not required
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 480,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.