Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We are looking for a seasoned compensation professional with experience in a rapid growth tech environment.
Candidates will have significant experience leading a compensation/total rewards team, building compensation programs and working throughout organizations to implement and communicate. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Head of Total Rewards will lead the Compensation and Total Rewards function and be a leader within DigitalOcean as we continue our growth.
As Head of Total Rewards, you will be responsible for administering all aspects of DO’s compensation and total rewards programs. As DOCN continues to evolve to a pay for performance culture the clarity, simplicity and communications around the compensation programs will become increasingly important. As a shared owner of DOCN’s pay for performance philosophy and annual award processes, you will play a key role in proactively defining the strategic direction of DO through the administration of global cash comp, bonus design, long-term incentive programs, ESPP, executive compensation and benefits while ensuring alignment with our business and people strategy.What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead DigtalOcean’s compensation and total rewards strategy and execution from plan design to administration and reporting.
- Build a team of compensation experts to assist in the day-to-day administration of total rewards. Be an inspirational leader, coach and teammate.
- Serve as a member of the People Leadership Team ensuring strong working relationships and clear processes and practices for all aspects of the People Team.
- Ensure all compensation strategies and total rewards strategies are aligned with market data, our compensation philosophy and internal equity. And that all programs are clearly communicated to the People Team, Leaders, managers and the organization.
- Administer DO’s long-term incentive programs globally to ensure that awards and transactions are processed in an accurate and timely manner
- Analyze market data and prepare presentations for the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors as well as BoD presentations.
- In conjunction with Finance and Legal oversee aspects of equity grants routine grants and performance grants to ensure consistency, accuracy, and meaningful equity awards are issued globally to our employees
- Develop progressive total rewards programs for a rapidly growing, global organization.
- Partner with our Deputy General Counsel and Chief People Officer on presentations for the board of directors and Compensation Committee, ESPP administration, Executive Compensation, etc
- Assist in implementation of new HRIS system implementation, integration and maintenance.
- Provide oversight to stock plan transaction quality to ensure each individual’s award, excise, and taxation is reflected correctly
- Manage vendor partnership and relationship with Shareworks, our stock plan administrator
- Serve as the main point of contact for employee questions related to DO’s long-term incentive programs & equity awards; support employee inquiries regarding eligibility, vesting schedules, and the exercise process
- Facilitate employee and manager education sessions and maintain resource materials our internal People Wiki
- Strong leader and proven ability to work with team and clients to drive continuous improvement.
- Proven experience in a compensation and total rewards leadership capacity; public company experience is required
- Strong analytical and reporting skills, CCP a plus
- Experience with BOD and executive compensation, ESPP, stock administration, vendor stock plan & HRIS systems
- Commitment to adhering to deadlines, ability to operate with a sense of urgency and balance multiple priorities
- High level of integrity and trust, ability to keep information confidential
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This position may be done in NYC or Remote (but not in CO due to local CO job posting requirements)
Want to learn more about our People team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!