Head of Customer Experience at The Farmer's Dog
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
#mustlovedogsWhere You'll Come In
The Farmer’s Dog is on a mission to help channel the unconditional love we all have for our pets into uncomplicated care. Central to that mission is our customer service team. As the beating heart of our brand experience and every customer interaction, they relentlessly seek out ways to better understand, and act upon, the needs and feedback from our current and prospective customers (and all the dog people in between).
As the Head of Customer Experience, you will create and lead a customer-centric culture that obsesses over creative problem-solving with a spirit of collaboration, empathy, and curiosity. Your goal is to transform the foundation of our already beloved team into an engine of customer understanding, effective communication, and an avenue for growth. That will require modeling these qualities yourself, working cross-functionally to identify opportunities, and empowering a team of 70+ to deliver knowledgeable and personalized care to our customers and their pups. Ultimately, we want to become the most beloved pet care brand in the world, and this position will play a critical role in helping us get there.How You'll Make An Impact
- Set a vision for the CX team and its culture, with a concrete plan to get there
- Develop and implement the strategy to scale our best-in-class CX Team across multiple sites in the US, ensuring high quality across our CX organization
- Use customer insights and feedback to inform critical decisions across the company and establish processes that make it easy to consistently channel this feedback to the right teams and stakeholders
- Establish new training protocols that help our agents develop as empathetic and confident pet care partners
- Focus on how we can do better for our customers by challenging the norms and implementing the changes required to create thoughtful, enlightening experiences for every customer
- 15+ years working within customer-centric organizations in the direct-to-consumer space
- 7+ years in a leadership role within Customer Care, Customer Support, or Call Centers
- Experienced in leading, resourcing, and building large-scale teams in the field - experience managing hourly/non-exempt workers in operations or service teams preferred
- Demonstrated ability to operate successfully in a time-sensitive and fast-paced environment
- Experience leveraging data insights to improve customer experience
- Project management skills and experience in implementing successful product launches
- Strong financial acumen to ensure we are managing costs as we continue to scale
- Personal passion for community and motivated to inspire others by a deep connection to The Farmer Dog’s mission and core values
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (complete with free-roaming friendly dogs)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Strict daily belly rub quota