The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series C, bringing our total funding to over $100M. We're backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier, and are aiming to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
#LongLiveDogsWhere You'll Come In
The Farmer’s Dog is on a mission to help channel the unconditional love we have for our pets into uncomplicated care. Central to that mission is our customer experience. As the beating heart of our brand experience and every customer interaction, our CX team relentlessly seeks out ways to better understand, and act upon, the needs and feedback from our current and prospective customers (and all the dog people in between).
As the Head of Customer Experience, you will join a customer-centric culture that obsesses over creative problem-solving with a spirit of collaboration, empathy, and curiosity. Your goal is to oversee the strategy, planning and execution of the customer experience function, providing the best possible service to our customers across multiple channels and transforming the foundation of our already beloved team into a scalable engine of customer understanding, effective communication, and an avenue for growth. That will require working cross-functionally to drive experience improvement and evolution across the customer journey, and empowering a team of 100+ to build and deliver knowledgeable and personalized care to our customers and their dogs to drive happiness and retention. Ultimately, we want to become the most beloved pet care brand in the world, and this position will play a meaningful role in helping us get there.How You'll Make An Impact
- You will set a vision for the end-to-end customer experience, the CX team, its culture and how it operates, and build a concrete cross-functional plan to get there
- You will ensure that the customer experience team works in collaboration with all other business functions, consistently delivering great end-to-end customer experience across stages, channels and touchpoints in the customer journey
- You will develop and implement the strategy to scale, staff and design our best-in-class CX Team across multiple locations and third parties ensuring streamlined processes and change management, high quality service and continuous improvement across our CX organization Hire a strong team that drives outstanding service and efficiency, surpassing our critical metrics and managing costs. You will be a role model and leader in the organization.
- You drive and share VOC and customer experience analytics and use customer insights and feedback to advise strategy and critical decisions across the company
- You are focused on how we can facilitate an excellent customer experience by analyzing opportunities and friction points, challenging the norms and driving the changes cross-functionally required to create thoughtful, enlightening experiences for every customer.
- You have 15+ years working within customer-centric organizations in the direct-to-consumer space
- You have 7+ years in a leadership role within Customer Experience or Customer Service.
- You're experienced in leading, resourcing, and building large-scale teams in the field - experience managing hourly/non-exempt workers in operations or service teams preferred
- You have demonstrated ability to operate successfully in a time-sensitive and fast-paced environment
- You have experience demonstrating data insights to improve customer experience
- You have project management skills and experience in implementing successful product launches
- You have strong financial acuity to ensure we are managing costs as we continue to scale
- You have a personal passion for community and are motivated to encourage others by a deep connection to The Farmer Dog’s mission and core values
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and (when in office) WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Strict daily belly rub quota