Head of Direct-to-Consumer, North America at Harry's
About the Team
The Direct-to-Consumer team at Harry's in North America is responsible for the performance of, and the customer experiences on and surrounding, Harrys.com and marketplace partners like Amazon including performance marketing, email marketing, digital product, and customer service across our entire suite of men’s care products. The DTC team is highly cross-functional, working closely with other teams in the organization including Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Customer Insights, R&D, Design, S&OP, Finance, Ops, and the executive team. They are a group of thoughtful, strategic, and analytical thinkers who are committed to sharing Harry's with the world.
About the Role
In the future, when Harry’s products are sold everywhere, we believe consumers will choose to shop on Harrys.com and buy our products online because it’s the most delightful, personalized, and convenient way to buy our products. With that as our vision, the Head of DTC at Harry’s in North America will work with the team to define both near-term and long-term strategic roadmaps, and operate as a player/coach overseeing digital product, customer acquisition, digital design, email marketing, customer service, and digital marketplaces like Amazon.
As the Head of DTC you will oversee the team that is responsible for the end-to-end strategy and execution of Harry’s eCommerce business and supporting functions, and will have the autonomy to make decisions on organizational setup, hiring, and approve channel lead decisions on lane level budget requirements, sales forecasts, goals, consumer experiences, and margin improvement initiatives. You will deeply understand our current environment and have a strong perspective on what parts of the experience are good and what parts need to be improved with clear ties to business outcomes like revenue, gross profit, market share, retention, and active customers, as well as brand outcomes like maintaining NPS, improving brand love metrics, and becoming a men’s care brand by driving success in each new category that we launch. Through your leadership, we will further scale our online business and ensure that the experience customers have with the Harry’s brand online ladder up to our overarching brand goals. You will improve processes and collaborate across groups on major brand initiatives and provide coaching and professional growth to your team. You will report to the Harry’s GM.
What you will accomplish:
- The Head of DTC will lead a talented team of people responsible for the Harrys.com and Amazon.com businesses and customer experiences, and oversee multiple functions including Digital Product Management, Digital Product Design, Acquisition Marketing, Email Marketing, Marketplace Businesses, and Customer Service
- Responsible for the P&L of the Harrys.com and Amazon.com businesses and for approving the unit and revenue level forecasts for these respective businesses in collaboration with the Planning Team, Finance, and DTC functional leads
- Be a champion for the Harry’s DTC strategic vision and roadmap, and run continuous refresh processes to gather input and support from cross-functional stakeholders and the broader DTC team
- Guide digital product initiatives by providing guidance & tactical input on business cases and user experiences, ensuring adequate engineering resourcing is available, and maintaining a high bar for customer centricity
- Engage deeply on growth marketing activities and marketplace channels with the acquisition, email, and Amazon teams, providing guidance on their respective strategies, roadmaps, success measures, campaigns, creatives, tests, and audience targeting
- Maintain the Harry’s brand magic by partnering with the broader Harry’s brand org to drive cross functional initiatives that support the marketing calendar, including Holiday, Product Launches, Limited Edition Partnerships, etc.
- Play an active leadership role within the Harry’s brand team, owning our culture and values, and leading by example
This should describe you:
- A thoughtful leader who understands the difference between leadership and management and has a proven track-record of inspiring and elevating their teams to do great work in a structure that keeps decision making rights with functional leads
- A natural interest in identifying consumer needs & track record building best in class, customer first experiences
- Proven marketer who understands and has worked across the full DTC marketing funnel
- ~10 years of experience in eCommerce, with a deep focus on growth at some point in career
- 360 brand thinker who appreciates and invests in the entire process, from making a physical product to marketing to merchandising to driving loyalty
- Highly analytical, structured thinker who is able to glean clear, salient ideas from complex information and very clearly communicate them to a diverse set of stakeholders in a way they will understand
- Detail-oriented and organized thinker. Someone who is excited by helping develop structure around something new.
- A highly organized “doer” with an exceptional ability to multitask, who will take initiative and execute
- Passion for working collaboratively and cross-functionally with other teams
- Experience working with in house digital product and engineering teams
- No task too small mentality, willing to roll up sleeves and get things done
- Lifelong learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- General awesomeness and a sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to Harry’s North America GM
- Working on the Harry’s brand team overseeing the Direct-to-Consumer business unit
- Teams you will work with cross-functionally include Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Customer Insights, R&D, Design, S&OP, Finance, and the executive team
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.