Mulberry is disrupting a $40B insurance industry by providing omnichannel merchants a seamless API-based platform from which to offer product insurance to their customers. We call NYC home and are founded by a team of executives who are passionate about building ecommerce products that take a customer-first approach. Our platform not only drives revenue for brands, but also improves customer experience and trust in warranty programs.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for a talented Head of Insurance to lead our efforts in creating innovative assurance solutions for consumers.
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering innovative actuarial solutions, pricing models and rate plans, competitor analysis, trend analysis, and data analytics all to support our mission of transforming how product insurance is offered online.
This role will report to our CEO.
What You'll Do:
- Guide insurance product strategy and roadmap with knowledge of the insurance industry, regulatory hurdles, and insurance operational challenges
- Analyze and monitor insurance product performance to make data-based decisions regarding underwriting, coverage, and pricing to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure the achievement of continued profitability, growth and operational efficiencies of the business through assessment of risk tolerance, market appetite, and emerging risk/underwriting issues.
- Own the roadmap, vision, and execution of our insurance product development
- Create and execute against a 12-month strategy and operational plan including specifics around the people, org structure, and processes & technology required to achieve it
What We’re Seeking:
- 8+ years progressively more responsible work experience in the insurance industry. P&C leadership experience required; extended warranty experience strongly preferred.
- Skilled at bringing creative insurance product ideas to solve ambiguous problems
- Superior analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills with an ability to make data-based decisions is required; prior actuarial experience is preferred
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with the ability to prioritize high impact work
- You have extraordinary interpersonal skills and are comfortable communicating with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong desire to contribute within an innovative, entrepreneurial, fast paced environment
- Executive level written & verbal communication skills
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits, including 401(k)
- Unlimited PTO
- Strong, vibrant, and fun culture, with lots of virtual outings!