Head of IT
Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the world of paper credit card applications and hidden interest rates by providing leading point-of-sale financing options for merchants across the e-commerce journey. We build tools, technologies and APIs that allow merchants to integrate an installment loan financing and checkout experience anywhere in their customers’ shopping journey. Bread was started in 2015 by financial technology veterans, and has experienced explosive growth to date. We’re backed by top investors including Menlo Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kinnevik, among others.
Bread Finance is seeking a Head of IT to own our Corporate IT. This is a hands on, independent role where you will not only manage the day to day operations of IT at bread - but also take the helm in long term planning, strategy and shape how IT operates and interacts with all facets of the company.
- Responsible for developing and implementing an IT vision at Bread - utilizing the newest technologies to implement a cohesive IT strategy
- Analyze complex business needs - directing the planning, justification, acquisition and budgeting for computer hardware, software, resources and maintenance.
- Manage daily IT operations - including two direct reports who form the helpdesk team
- Systems administration of Bread’s networks, workstations and software configurations
- Vendor and SaaS platform management
- A/V and conference room software management
- Manage our cybersecurity posture and gap remediation for compliance and best practices (SOC1/2, PCI, NIST)
- End user support where required
- Onboard new employees and participate in employee training
- Light <10% travel to our Tampa location when required
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, computer science, IT management or equivalent experience
- Proven success in an IT management role - preferably in a startup environment
- MacOS systems administration in an enterprise environment strongly preferred (we use JAMF)
- MDM, and management of mobile devices
- Previous experience managing a help desk team
- Management of a SaaS based Corp IT tech stack - G-suite, slack, atlassian, zoom all a plus. We are 100% SaaS shop
- Identity management, including the implementation of SSO and MFA
- Remote management and support of branch offices a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of networking including securing an internal network, VPN access, basic routing, and Wi-Fi/Firewall/Switch configuration. Meraki experience is a plus.
- Ability to lift 50lbs