Head of Operations at Redesign Health
85 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10003About Redesign
Redesign Health is a healthcare innovation platform. We bring together entrepreneurs, industry experts, and investors to launch companies that transform the healthcare system and empower people to live their healthiest lives. Our first companies include Candid, Lively, Ever/Body, and Vault Health. We’re capitalized with permanent capital from world-class institutional investors and entrepreneurs.
We are launching a stealth venture in the mental health space, with the mission to provide access to affordable and high quality mental health services for all patients.
About The Job
As the founding Head of Operations at this venture, you will get your hands in all areas of the business and help set, manage and drive all key strategic initiatives to ensure alignment among goals, timelines, cost, and quality. You’ll be responsible for identifying, prioritizing, and solving this venture’s most critical opportunities. The Head of Operations will report directly to the CEO.
- Build and own the operational design for effective service delivery across key activities including clinician recruiting, credentialing and patient acquisition, matching and scheduling. Own customer and user excellence.
- Drive continuous improvements in core operating metrics
- Partner with the leadership team to define and track key performance indicators to responsibly manage resources and achieve strategic goals
- Collaborate with the engineering and product teams to ensure the technology platform seamlessly integrates with the operations of the business
- In collaboration with the leadership team, own and drive rollout plan for expansion and partnerships with payors, providers and other stakeholders
- 7-10+ years of experience in Operations, COO roles or President roles
- Experience in operations, early-stage start-ups or consulting
- Demonstrated success launching and operationalizing double-sided marketplaces in healthcare - balancing supply and demand
- Experience running outsourced teams for sales, recruiting, scheduling or using agencies or vendors for support
- Experience recruiting internal talent, other Ops professionals who specialize in process design and coordination
- Expertise in digital health, telehealth or mental health
- Strong Operator who has managed and grown teams and has superb people management skills
- Deep expertise in organizational, analytical, prioritization, time management, project management, and people management skills
- Experience defining and owning operational processes and KPIs
- Data-driven decision maker
- Ability to be a scrappy individual contributor, while also having the ability to lead a team and delegate
- Experience working within complex environments and the ability to effectively multitask
- Confident executive presence, strong collaboration skills and ability to partner with multiple stakeholders concurrently
- Self-awareness and skilled at identifying your superpowers and cultivating those of others
- A forward-thinking perspective and the ability to work with purpose and optimism
Redesign’s mission is to empower people to live their healthiest lives by elevating patient experiences, increasing information transparency, and democratizing access to high-quality healthcare.
Our vision is to connect extraordinary people and ideas with capital and resources to create better healthcare solutions.
At Redesign, we value achieving results thoughtfully, quickly, and compassionately. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
- Solve for impact: Healthcare is complex and opaque, but we’re positioned to meet the challenge. If not us, then who?
- Patients first: We are all consumers of healthcare. We create real solutions for real needs.
- Outcome over egos: Our work is bigger than us. What we’re building together is greater than the sum of the parts.
- Bias for action: We move fast, but we’re deliberate. We don’t delay success or failure.
- Continuous learning: We seek feedback early and often. Iteration and insight allow us to connect the dots and are key to our process.
- Practice good intent: We take our work seriously, but we’re never too busy to be kind.
We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We choose our team members based on merit and business needs. It's the right thing to do.