What you'll do:
- Oversee and evangelize Skillshare’s platform operations, including customer support, trust & safety, policy, and moderation
- Manage and scale a team of 5 in-house employees and a large group of global contract support, trust & safety, and moderation agents
- Identify areas of improvement for our operations, customer experience, and moderation policies and collaborate with other departments to implement changes
- Lead the operations team to provide the insights and platform to deliver a world-class experience across user touch points
- Proactively anticipate and address our needs as we scale internationally, including policies and guidelines that we will need to put into place to address users in different markets
- Determine and evolve success metrics for platform operations based on data analysis, platform updates, and global user trends
Why we're excited about you:
- You have a demonstrated track record of leading global platform operations for tech companies with multiple customer segments and business lanes
- You’ve led multi-tiered trust & safety, customer support, and/or moderation for global platforms with user-generated content – experience with developing and leading policy strategy is a huge plus
- You’re a strong manager with diverse team-building experience, and a track record of attracting and retaining great talent.
- You understand how to engage, train, and inspire global teams at scale.
- You have a user-centric mindset and a demonstrated track record of championing the user to influence business decisions
- You have experience managing complex cross-functional projects, building trusted relationships, and influencing stakeholders at all levels
- You’re an effective communicator who is able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: You’ll be at the helm of an incredibly talented team, building upon our existing support, trust & safety, and moderation foundations to drive our operations into the next phase of global scale.
- Growth: We invest in our people. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your team and take on more responsibility over time.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.