Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting in June we opened our NYC office for colleagues on Wednesdays and Thursdays. This is entirely voluntary and includes all of our regular in-office perks such as free lunch. There will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here!
Your Impact on our Mission
Zocdoc is looking for an experienced leader to own the end-to-end process that defines provider setup and onboarding across all of Zocdoc’s customer segments. In a world where you do not get a second chance to make a good first impression, your mandate would be to create a consistent and high-quality experience for a customer’s first 60 days on our platform. More specifically, your role will be to create meaningful new capabilities and processes, partner with Product to develop intuitive features such as self-service/on-demand offerings, and enable partnerships that clarify the path to value for new providers. This is an opportunity for a ‘strategic operator’ to redefine and scale a critical part of the business and have a dramatic impact within a vibrant, mission-driven culture. Reporting directly to the President of Sales, you will directly manage customer-facing commercial teams, and have accountability for product, strategy, business development, and tactical execution across the full provider onboarding experience.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Comfortable managing in a matrix and leading a cross-functional team to accomplish shared goals
- An exceptional communicator. You know how to drive influence, action, collaboration and culture via written and verbal communication
- Scrappy and love rolling up your sleeves and doing the work
- Experienced managing and coaching team members ranging from junior to senior
- A bridge builder who loves to collaborate
- A strategist and tactician - you love the macro and are comfortable distilling thoughts into actions
- Passionate about building diverse, inclusive and supportive teams
- Serious about your work, but not about yourself. Let’s face it - the way 2020 is going, you kind of need a sense of humor
Your day to day is…
- Defining a long-term, compelling vision for how Zocdoc establishes a best-in-class onboarding approach for our providers, with an emphasis on quality and repeatability
- Directly managing client-facing onboarding and implementation teams, while having dotted-line accountability for systems, product, engineering resources to execute on the strategic vision
- Creating a single thread of accountability across all phases of a provider’s onboarding journey, and aligning teams and stakeholders to this vision
- Defining priorities for business development partnerships with EHR vendors, enabling greater access to disparate scheduling data and enhancing the value of Zocdoc for our customers
- Creating tracking and reporting mechanisms to understand success of the onboarding process both internally and externally
- Creating a solid business case for additional investment in onboarding
- Recruiting and leading an inclusive and supportive high-performance team
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 10+ years of commercial team management, ideally with a focus on customer implementation
- Experience leading teams in consulting, strategy, product or business development environments
- Experience with payer/provider/healthcare sector preferred
- Demonstrated experience successfully owning objective improvements in revenue, user growth, engagement, or other critical success metrics
- Proven track record of new business building
- An unrelenting desire to build more equitable, inclusive and diverse workplaces. You view this role as an opportunity to create positive change
- The mentality of an entrepreneur/owner and a strong bias to action.
- Superb communication skills! You believe in keeping all of your stakeholders in the loop and know that multiple mediums of communication are the key to success
- A bachelor’s Degree and MBA/MHA strongly preferred
- Humility. You believe in treating all people with dignity and respect, regardless of title or tenure
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks (when back in office)
- Parental leave
- 401K Matching
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.