Head of Real Estate Acquisitions
REZI is a diverse and rapidly growing company with the mission of revolutionizing the rental experience. Renting has always been an expensive and inconvenient process for Tenants and time-consuming and uncertain for Landlords. Technology companies hadn’t moved the needle in solving these key problems – until REZI.
REZI’s proprietary technology has transformed the way Tenants and Landlords rent apartments. Founded in 2016, REZI was selected to join the prestigious Y-Combinator in the winter of 2017. Since then, REZI has been backed by some of the most prominent venture capital institutions in the country igniting the conversation around Renting Better and has been recognized by national publications such as Crain’s, TechCrunch, Inman and The New York Times.
As a Company, we ask all members of the REZI team to embrace our 5 Values:
- Be a Craftsperson. Be aspirational. Go beyond the minimum requirements of any task and attempt to do your best work – always.
- Be an Owner. Anticipate the unexpected. Take risks. Own your results, not your intentions. Be accountable for any outcome and use wins and losses as opportunities for growth.
- Be Raw. Be radically honest. Be open. Over communicate. Be completely transparent and empathetic to others’ points of view.
- Disagree, But Commit. Debate vigorously, but without ego. Once a path is chosen, commit to making the effort successful. Win as a team, not as an individual.
- Solve THE Problem. Go beyond the surface. Understand the root cause of any problem and start there. Be comprehensive in your solutions. Don’t treat, cure.
Head of Real Estate Operations
The Head of Real Estate Operations is a key executive leader for REZI charged with leading all national real estate asset and property management functions and is based in our Manhattan headquarters. Specifically, the executive in this role will:
- Be responsible for designing the real estate operations organization and hiring the team best equipped to achieve its objectives. You will join the Company’s Executive Committee and report directly to the CEO
- Be responsible for creating efficiency and standard procedures for the business.
- Partner with the CEO on strategy, goals and growth projections.
- Oversee the Tenant Relationships and Real Estate Teams nationally including, but not limited to New York, California and Missouri.
- Engage the Chief of Research and his team to collect property data to enhance the Company’s lease valuation, tenant behavior modeling efforts and help assess the risk of the Company’s portfolio.
- Partner with the Company’s Product, Design and Engineering leaders and professionals to prototype and create software solutions to provide a completely digital experience for internal and external users that materially improve the user experience.
- Collaborate with the Company’s Partnerships Team to identify, assess, and integrate products or services that would be exciting additions to the Company’s existing offerings
- Design and implement strategies to track and optimize for internal KPIs such as tenant satisfaction, leasing velocity, unit profitability, etc
- Be responsible for maintaining existing client relationships (including, but not limited to landlords, management companies, vendors, suppliers, current and prospective clients); the team will also be responsible for engaging with landlords and management companies to inspect and maintain the company’s leased assets and ensuring a high-quality leasing experience (inclusive of turnover)
- Partner with the Company’s Acquisitions team to ensure that acquisitions and sales align with the Company’s financial and operational goals and objectives. This includes but is not limited to assessing the profitability and risk of an acquisition and ensuring that the acquisition creates value to the Company and the tenant.
Success in this role will be defined by the team’s continued growth, at pace, within the Company’s leased portfolio, stability and efficiency of operational processes aligned to managing and maintaining the quality of assets and experience of all stakeholders to the REZI experience.
The Ideal Candidate
Candidates most likely to gain traction in this role will possess the following Attributes, Skills and Experiences:
- Comprehensive and demonstrable understanding of best practices for property management in a residential real estate leasing context
- Strong relationship management orientation with a demonstrable ability to cultivate and build relationships, pipelines and networks proactively and opportunistically
- Demonstrated success achieving well balanced, commercially viable and pragmatic negotiated outcomes with external stakeholders through the lifecycle of leasing residential real estate
- Effective project and human capital leader with demonstrated expertise and acumen facilitating effective outcomes on a fully distributed basis (field,) whilst managing from an operational hub (headquarters)
- Strong reporting and data management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal), leveraging case specific tools and resources
- Demonstrated results having built and led teams, assessing and coaching others while collaborating with other senior partners to extract maximum value from all pillars of the organization
- Management, development and maintenance of residential real estate assets at the institutional level
- Proven experience in scaling teams in under 12 months, building a team, organization or division from the ground-up and partnering with external suppliers/vendors to enable scaling at pace and outsized return on investment in early stage venture backed companies
- Has hired and managed direct reports (5 or more) and successfully navigated team development through both growth and decline cycles
- Demonstrable experience (hands-on and management of others) and accountability for interfacing with landlords, management companies, prospective renters and residents through the lifecycle of high volume residential leasing and at multiple properties in diverse markets
- Experience managing high volume inbound and outbound residential apartment leasing customers and cost effectively navigating all turnover, punch list and maintenance upkeep and improvements given time sensitive constraints
- Demonstrable acumen, gravitas and commerciality interfacing with all stakeholders (representing widely varying perspectives on the leasing experience) in a high volume residential apartment leasing context.
- We are an inspired, curious, results oriented and intense team of professionals building a venture-backed company that will be a disruptor for years to come. As a member of this early stage company , you’ll play a material role in defining our value and shaping our future. This is an incredible opportunity to contribute to the development of a team that will be at the forefront of revolutionizing a $500B per year industry.
- REZI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Applicants with disabilities who require accommodation should contact [email protected] We are committed to diversity in all forms and encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. At REZI, we view diversity as a competitive differentiator and a strategic imperative.