Datadog is the monitoring and security platform for cloud applications. Our SaaS product is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stack, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally. Given the resilience of cloud technologies and importance placed today in digital operations and agility, Datadog continues to innovate and is well positioned for the long term.
Datadog is in hyper-growth. The Operations Division runs many day-to-day operations functions that help keep our employees safe, happy and productive. We work closely with leadership and employees to ensure that Datadog continues to scale rapidly, yet smoothly, and remains a fantastic place to work.
We are looking for a Head of Real Estate to help us scale our rapidly growing global Real Estate portfolio, including our offices and co-working spaces on four continents. Additionally, you’ll oversee our burgeoning Sustainability efforts. Your role can cover anything from procuring a new lease in Tokyo to learning about the latest carbon sequestration technologies.
- Oversee our growing portfolio of Datadog offices and co-working spaces in ~20 countries
- Advise us strategically and execute our expanding real estate portfolio vision around the world
- Manage relationships with our vendors which includes brokers, real estate counsel, and our co-working space providers
- Partner with Office Operations, Construction, Finance and other departments on projections, timelines and ensure that we keep building gorgeous offices our employees love
- Oversee all lease related audits and lease administration & accounting software
- Support our M&A activities by developing real estate and sustainability integration strategies
- Help develop and implement our Sustainability strategy including cross-organizational partnerships to execute our strategy and initiatives
- Partner with Finance, Office Operations & other internal stakeholders to ensure required environmental reporting for internal and regulatory audiences is completed
- Stay abreast of changing regulatory requirements and ensure strategy is aligned to address
- Grow, manage & develop our existing team as we expand
- Create and maintain playbooks to implement and scale processes
- A true people person, with an empathetic and friendly demeanor
- Excellent at project management, driving projects to completion
- A problem solver who is proactive and very organized
- A critical thinker with demonstrated ability to find and weave data into the decision-making process
- Someone with great interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with the leadership team and across the company
- Strong analytically in Excel and data analysis
- Obsessed with improving processes
- Even-tempered and able to remain calm under pressure
- Possess excellent time management, prioritization and multitasking skills
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Minimum 10-15 years of relevant experience in a fast-paced, commercial office real estate market on either landlord, tenant or broker side, including managing a global real estate portfolio
- Minimum 5 years of people management experience
- Negotiated & administered leases collectively worth millions of USDs in AMER, EMEA and APAC
- Willing to travel locally and internationally regularly
- Bachelor’s degree
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.