Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
We’re currently looking for a Head of Security to join Rhino’s team.In this role you will:
Lead Information and Data security program management
- Maintain our cyber risk management program and roadmap, in partnership with the CTO.
- Serve as lead on any information and data security events and advise Rhino’s Executive team on appropriate actions.
- Lead SOC 2 and SOX audits and maintain related controls.
- Lead other information security-related programs that include, but are not limited to internal/external penetration testing, security awareness training for employees, and scanning.
- Maintain programs for app intrusion, incident response, and breach management.
- Work with TechOps to ensure the security of vendor software platforms and internal data tools
- Partner with our Engineering team to ensure our application environment is configured to ensure security of customer data.
- Responsible for Application security, Tech risk and ITGC setup and maintenance
Support security-related requests from partners
- Interface directly with information security personnel at customers/prospects to address requests about Rhino’s data security program.
- Respond to security questionnaires.
- Ensure adherence to data security commitments Rhino makes to customers.
- Work with our Legal and Compliance teams to build scalable and proactive security processes with customers and partners
- Mentor teammates on data security best practices.
- Maintain all security-related policies/standards.
- Design and implement vendor risk/security assessment process for vendors.
- Ensure compliance with rapidly changing laws and applicable regulations.
- Maintain the “culture of trust” at Rhino. This means that security is top-of-mind for all employees regardless of role.
- 7+ years of experience leading information security programs in the software industry. Director or above level preferred.
- Extensive experience administering a SOC 2 audit process and related controls.
- Flexibility and eagerness to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present information to the board and external auditors as required
- CISO experience is a plus
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.