Head of Strategy & Business Development at Moda Operandi
Moda Operandi is disrupting luxury fashion retailing by giving shoppers direct access to designers and their collections, as soon as they hit the runways. With $300M raised from top venture capitalists and a strong traction worldwide, Moda is uniquely positioned to serve high-end fashion customers for all their wardrobe needs, through a unique combination of digital e-commerce channels, private showrooms and personal stylists.
We're looking for a Head of Business Development and Strategy. You will play a critical role assessing our core business offerings, identifying new areas of opportunity and using a build, buy, borrow methodology to form decisions. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you'll be instrumental in shaping Moda's growth strategy. Measure of success are: significantly expanding customer choice, deepen customer engagement and retention through a product centered approach, accelerate global growth, build core platform to enable more sophisticated business services.
As the Head of Business Development you will:
- Build a center of strategic intelligence about competitors and industry dynamics to better evaluate opportunities and challenges to inform executive business decisions
- Analyze build / buy / partner opportunities in partnership with the Product Development teams
- Evaluate acquisition opportunities for both business and talent acquisitions, and manage negotiation and execution
- Develop innovative partnership models with the Marketing and Product teams and help drive successful partnership models to scale
- Manage relationships with strategic partners and prioritize based on size, complexity or importance)
- Scale team capabilities across deal execution, partnership management and strategic analysis
You will have:
- 8+ years of business development or strategy experience
- MBA is a plus
- A strong track record of envisioning and closing innovative deals in a consumer facing, digital environment
- A product centered point of view and understanding of how a platform drives business
- Experience managing product roadmaps for an e-commerce player is highly desirable.
- Proven emphasis on user-driven product design and data-driven product refinement.
- Excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical problem solving and decision making skills.
- Experience building, managing and inspiring a team