Head of Supply Chain & Logistics at Block Renovation
Block is a renovation platform transforming the $400 billion renovation industry. Today, doing a home renovation is an abysmal consumer experience and not easy for contractors either. Block democratizes access to high-end design, while combining design, construction, and materials into a streamlined experience. Block simplifies a complex and convoluted process and gives homeowners certainty on outcomes, quality, price, and time.
Our mission is to give homeowners a better way to improve the spaces they live in, and to give contractors a better way to work. We are building an ambitious, tenacious, and creative team who is unafraid of tackling new challenges. The founders are former leaders at Casper, HuffPost, and Rent the Runway. Investors include New Enterprise Associates, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Obvious Ventures, and more.
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Manager of Supply Chain & Logistics to join our team. In this role, you will plan, implement, monitor and grow our overall supply chain & logistics strategy in order to deliver an exceptional experience for our customers, to maximize efficiency and productivity, and to support our business growth objectives.
Key day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Monitor the end-to-end performance of our supply chain and logistics network to ensure that it performs at a level that exceeds both internal and external customer expectations.
- Identify performance improvement projects by evaluating the effectiveness and reliability of our supply chain. Initiate and lead these projects to drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with other departments to create coordinated plans that support business growth.
- Work with Design and Project Operations to optimize our product & service offering to customers.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with our existing vendor and supplier network.
- Source new vendors and suppliers as required to support business operations and growth.
- Proactively negotiate with suppliers and vendors to secure improved pricing and terms.
- Provide oversight and guidance for warehouse operations, implement cost effective warehousing best practices, and lead the overall warehousing strategy (including the sourcing and set up of new warehouse locations and the associated infrastructure).
- Develop and standardize procedures across all regions to ensure operational consistency.
- Manage supply chain risks
- Hire, train and develop employees in both the procurement and the logistics teams.
- Analyze data from shipping and delivering processes to develop, evaluate and report on KPI’s.
- Develop and implement safety and quality control guidelines in all aspects of the supply chain.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, shippers, customers and employees.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with an attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills backed by a record of developing creative solutions.
- Degree (or equivalent experience) in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or a similar field.
- 5+ years experience as a Supply Chain and Logistics Manager (or in a similar relevant field).
- Proficient with: Google Workspace and supply chain & logistics software.
- Experience working in a start-up or small business environment is preferred.
- Experience working with vendors & suppliers who serve the home renovation industry is a plus.
- Experience working in the construction industry is a plus.
- Experience working in a matrix organizational structure is a plus.
- Early stage equity
- 100% subsidized health insurance, dental coverage, vision coverage
- 12 weeks universal fully paid family leave
- Work in the field and in the office
- Vacation days and company holidays
- Working alongside an ambitious, kind, no-drama team
Problems are our fuel
Collaborate with tenacity and humility
Save money where we should
Speed is our advantage