Health & Safety Manager at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Reporting to the Director of Real Estate & Workplace, the Health & Safety Manager will build and lead the Justworks’ Health & Safety program. You will work cross-functionally and with domain expertise to ensure that Justworks continues to build the highest level of health, safety, and security practices in our workplace. This is an opportunity for an individual to lead efforts in building a comprehensive, first-class program for the ages.What You'll Do
- Manage and continue to build Justworks’ Health and Safety Program/Team, developing our Physical Security and Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) programs, among others you may deem necessary
- Create, integrate and execute Company-wide standards, training programs, processes, and procedures throughout our organization
- Oversee the EHS risk assessment and incident reporting processes
- Perform periodic audits to identify opportunities related to EHS, potential environmental and workplace hazards, program deficiencies, and workplace safety incident reviews/lessons learned.
- Work with Property Management to ensure Evacuation Plans, Floor Warden Teams, and all Life Safety measures are intact and maintained on an ongoing basis.
- Build and maintain relationships with appropriate agencies, public and/or private, to support all health and safety initiatives.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of an ongoing and coordinated effort in response to COVID-19 to ensure the vitality of our future workplace.
- Identify and create metrics and tools for measuring the performance and impact of COVID-19 prevention interventions (e.g. testing, contact tracing, isolation and quarantine, infection prevention and control, and other interventions and approaches to COVID control).
- Ensure that all physical security systems and devices (e.g. alarms, surveillance systems, locks and door hardware) are properly functional at all times.
- Collaborate with business units and key response stakeholders to mitigate operational risk to Justworks through strategy development, design, and execution of business continuity life-cycle activities (e.g. business impact assessments, business continuity planning, training and awareness initiatives, systematic testing, etc.).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as health & safety officer or equivalent in a rapidly scaling corporate setting
- Direct experience building or rebuilding a workplace health & safety program for 500-2000 employee population
- CPR/First Aid Certified
- EHS-related licenses, certifications and/or membership in EHS professional associations are desired
- Ability to produce reports and relevant policies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Technology (will be expected to embrace/implement the latest tech systems to help support the health and safety function)
- Completion of a recognized security certification is not required, but a plus. Examples include but are not limited to: Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Physical Security Professional (PSP), Professional Certified Investigator (PCI.
- Proficiency with G-Suite, Slack, Microsoft Office
- Knowledge in the technical fundamentals of safety management and risk assessments, including ergonomics, emergency action plans, company safety teams, IIPs, etc.
- Must have strong leadership skills with the ability to consistently be persuasive and credible across multiple hierarchical levels and cultures resulting in improved EHS performance.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds at times.
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment