Hub Operations Associate at Cityblock Health
Who we are
At Cityblock Health, our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, block by block. We integrate services to address physical, behavioral, and social needs together, delivered through mobile, field-based care teams to make healthcare more accessible, supportive and goal-driven for the people who need it most.
Every aspect of the Cityblock care model is carefully designed to focus on our members, engaging and empowering them to own and improve their health through trusted relationships. Through field-based, interdisciplinary care teams, we are flexible in how we deliver care, meeting members where they are, and together developing and working longitudinally through a personalized and integrated Member Action Plan (MAP). The care team collaborates to support each member’s whole health and social needs. Enabled by custom-built technology, we build capacity, deliver care and dramatically change members’ opportunities and outcomes.
Partnering with community-based organizations and a well-respected partner in New York, and backed by the top healthcare investors in the country, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members—and leading the move from transactional, fee-for-service medicine towards high-value, relationship-based partnerships.
In this role, you will be a part of the first team in Crown Heights providing direct services to members, who face economic and social challenges in addition to having mental and physical health needs, through our innovative care model.
Reporting to the Hub Operations Manager, the Operations Associate is a key member of the Cityblock care team and plays an integral role in defining and delivering a world class experience to Cityblock members across our practice, both in our member’s homes and in our clinical hubs . The Operations Associate plays a vital role in the coordination of resources and support for the care team and their members. Duties include answering calls and scheduling member’s visits with the care team, supporting the care team in coordinating access and applications to resources (transportation, housing, etc) for members, obtaining healthcare information from external providers, tracking member activity using an EHR and Commons, Cityblock’s proprietary care facilitation system, supporting operational projects and implementation of new workflows and processes across the care team. The Operations Associate insures that, regardless of the circumstances, members are treated with respect and dignity, and are connected to the resources necessary for their care and well-being.
- Be the onsite resource at the Cityblock Hub, a clinical environment for our care team members. Working alongside the care teams you will support member needs by collaborating with external partners to address member’s social determinants of health both in the home and in our clinical hubs.
- Support care teams through data analysis. Become a super user of our internal case management platform, Looker and Google Sheets. Preparing reports for supervisors and translating insights to the Market Operations team.
- Identify operational gaps with a solution in mind.
- Build, document, iterate, and codify workflows within the Cityblock intranet.
- Organize programming for member and care team colleagues collaborating with the Outreach and Community Engagement Teams.
- Coordinate services with some specialty providers and community organizations for Cityblock’s members, including submission of referral requests, DME paperwork, administrative forms for ongoing member care.
- Be a key partner in change management; tracking progress of new processes, aggregating feedback for stakeholders, monitoring the implementation, and ensuring ongoing fidelity of recent changes.
- Support our member services call center, including receiving incoming phone calls/messages, completing requests for appointments, assisting with administrative forms, directing any requests for medication refills to the practice nurse, and escalating all other calls and requests as appropriate.
- Orchestrate an excellent member experience at the Hub by ensuring routine day to day operations in partnership with the Hub Operations Manager.
- Be passionate about the care Cityblock provides to our members.
- Assist with scheduling members for providers, as necessary.
- Additional job-related functions, as necessary.
You’d be a good fit if:
- You have healthcare experience, and/or 4+ years in another service related field in customer-facing positions
- You have worked in a clinical setting
- You are excited by data and have an aptitude for it’s analysis
- You have excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with all members of the care team, and with members of the public
- You are comfortable using a variety of computer systems, and have familiarity with electronic health record systems such as Epic
- You are compassionate, open-minded, and non-judgemental
- You are eager to be part of an interdisciplinary team, including physicians, nurses, social workers, community health partners
- You have the ability to think quickly and solve problems in the moment
- You have a High School Diploma or equivalent
Nice to have:
- Experience working with individuals with mental health and substance use diagnoses
- Experience working in a clinical settings and using an electronic health record
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- Bachelor Degree
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
- A 1-2 paragraph response indicating why this job is compelling to you.
- A 1 paragraph summary of a time when you thought you made a positive difference in someone’s experience with a service they received.