Incident Detections & Response Engineer
We're looking for a leader in Security Analysis to join Flatiron Incident Response to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the Incident Detections and Response team to keep Flatiron, our patients, and clinics safe from malicious actors. Reporting to the Head of Security Incident Detection & Response, you'll help building out Security Analysis workflows and tooling, help mentor Junior members of the team, and help to respond to the various security events, incidents, and inquiries we receive. In addition, you'll also:
- You have investigated & hunt for activity with an attacker’s mindset
- You have built out and participated in improved Incident Response workflows, between our controls, our SIEM, and our SOAR
- You have implemented and utilized Active Defense security controls, such as Tarpits, Sinkholes, and Deceptions
- You have built out Internal Threat Intelligence stores and operationalize external Threat Intelligence from trusted sources
- You have worked with infrastructure and engineering teams to build out new security controls and capabilities
- You have implemented new security technologies that go above and beyond checkboxes and tradition
Who You Are
You're a security analyst, and part time hacker with experience researching and investigating cyber attacks, and the understanding of what motivates an attacker. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You are familiar with security principles covering aspects of Infrastructure, Governance/Risk/Compliance, Secure Development, and Legal
- You have experience investigating cyber attacks, from reconnaissance through exfiltration and beyond
- You have experience with the full incident response lifecycle, from detection to remediation and lessons learned
- You have experience with Threat and Risk Modeling to prioritize response and projects
- You have mindfulness to discern between negligence and malice
- You have experience with Active Defense principles and technologies
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.