At DailyPay, we are helping to reinvent the employee experience, starting with its most basic component — pay. We do this by disrupting archaic and transactional payroll processes and creating innovative ways for employees to access and save their earned income, before payday. Through engaging and enriching relationships with our partners, we have become the leader in providing employees on-demand access to their earned income — across all industries — allowing them to exert greater control over their pay and to improve their financial health.
Our mission is made possible by DailyPay’s most important asset: our people. We come together through collaboration and ambition in a team-driven culture. Through the success of our product, we have seen monumental growth in our workforce, and we constantly look for exceptional talent to join us. At DailyPay, you are challenged with dynamic tasks that drive your professional development and career growth. Join us on our journey to deliver an innovative pay experience and to empower America’s workforce with the ability to truly harness the power of their pay and take control of their financial lives.The Role:
DailyPay is seeking an Incident Manager to manage the coordinated resolution of major production issues and service outages (Rapid Response). The Incident Manager will work with stakeholders across the Engineering, Payment Operations, Support, and Partnership Management teams to ensure that major issues are resolved quickly and effectively. The Incident Manager will also act as a project manager to lead all post-incident improvements, including scaling and iterating on the Rapid Response process and executing on learnings from post-mortems. The right candidate must have the ability to manage multiple projects at once, have clear and concise communication skills, and exhibit solid judgment and clear thinking under pressure.
If this opportunity excites you, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications.How You Will Make an Impact:
- Coordinates real-time response to major incidents from identification through resolution
- Partners with Payments Operations in triaging newly-reported incidents to ensure that appropriate resources are involved at the correct time
- Serves as a centralized point of communication and provides appropriate briefings to executive staff and other stakeholders as needed
- Leads incident post-mortems and ensures that key learnings are developed and executed on
- Collaborates with Product, Engineering, and Payment Operations teams in a Project Manager capacity to align and execute on new tools, product and process improvements to reduce the occurrence of major incidents
- Optimizes and matures tools, technologies, and process to improve the Rapid Response function
- Creates and manages reporting on incidents and tickets, defines and owns KPIs
- Owns and improves upon the day-to-day (non-critical) ticketing process
- Bachelor’s degree, 5+ years of experience as an incident manager, project manager, or similar
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to deliver accurate and concise executive-level updates under a time constraint
- Proven ability to “manage up” and lead multi-departmental teams
- Ability to work under pressure, deal with difficult situations and individuals while maintaining composure, adjust quickly to shifting priorities, and make quick decisions with limited information
- Experience streamlining processes, optimizing workflows, introducing new features with positive business impacts
- Solid technical background and an ability to learn new technical concepts quickly
- Occasional need to work outside of normal business hours as required to support customers may be required
Bonus Points for:
- Experience using Jira Service Desk, PagerDuty, and other incident management tools
- Metrics/Data Analysis experience
- Experience working in a growing startup and/or SaaS environment
- Competitive compensation
- Exceptional health, vision, and dental care
- Light breakfast, snacks, and a daily stipend for lunch
- Employee Resource Groups
- Fun company outings and events
- Unlimited books from Amazon
- Unlimited PTO
DailyPay does not accept and will not review unsolicited resumes from search firms.
DailyPay is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, political affiliation, marital or partnership status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, genetic disorder, genetic predisposition, carrier status, military status, familial status, or domestic violence victim status and any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.