Information Security Analyst
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Team:
We are currently growing our information security team in order to protect and scale our enterprise.
About the Job:
The Information Security Analyst is responsible for the ongoing monitoring and operation of select security and compliance-related systems, and will identify and address security events; including driving investigation and remediation of raised security incidents.
What You'll Do:
- Performing regular operational security functions, ongoing compliance-related activities, and conduction security assessments across various technologies and third parties
- Track operational metrics related to alerts, incidents, and vulnerabilities and be responsible to create and maintain appropriate documentation including process flows and technical procedures
- Execution of information security reviews against infrastructure, applications, and vendor services
- Internal and external vulnerability identification and remediation
- Security tool monitoring and reporting (i.e. SIEM, EDR, IAM, and IDS monitoring)
- Anti-fraud toolset monitoring and investigation
- Security incident triage, investigation, and response
- Forensic analysis and evidence collection
- IT compliance monitoring and issue lifecycle reporting
- Performance of compliance related tasks such as privileged access entitlement reviews and change monitoring
- Participation in various programs and initiatives supporting the further implementation of the company’s Information Security Policies and Standards
- Being an advocate for Information Security awareness within the company
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field
- 5 + years of experience as a Security Analyst or in a security operations, engineering or forensics role
- Strong foundation in information technology and information security principles
- Interpersonal and collaborative skills and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences
- Possession of or ability to obtain professional certifications in information security or risk management, such as a CISSP, CISM, CEH, or forensic certifications
- Strong knowledge of security and control frameworks, such as ISO27001/2, COBIT, NIST, and CIS
- Familiarity with regulatory frameworks (e.g. PCI, SOX, GDPR, ISO 27001)
- High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters
- High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision or under the pressure of a high profile incident
- Natural passion for security and strong drive to see both projects and investigations to completion
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.