As the global leader in Content Intelligence, Knotch’s mission is to empower brands to unlock the true value of their content by using data-driven strategies. With the Knotch Content Intelligence Platform, companies conduct competitive research and measure the performance of their content in real-time. Through our unique ability to provide a 360-degree view of all your content, including paid and owned, Knotch allows companies to connect content to business outcomes to enhance brand, increase ROI and build audiences.
We’re proud of our team
We’ve been building our products since 2013, and our team has grown in size and in spirit. We’ve been humbly recognized in the top 12% of fastest growing companies in America by Inc! Since the Covid-19 pandemic we’ve become remote-first, and we plan to stay that way. We know that a flexible environment leads to a happy team as we’ve again been named a Best Place to Work four years running by Built In NYC and a NYC company with Best Perks + Benefits in 2021! If you’d like to speak with our recruiting team about the future of Knotch, feel free to connect with us on LinkedIn and learn about us further on our careers site.
Knotch Engineering Team
It is an exciting time to join Knotch’s Engineering team. Since we are a growing organization, you would progress in your career along with us! Having such growth allows our engineering team to work on complex problems in product development and scaling our platform to be ready for current/future growth.
Our engineering landscape is wide, encompassing front-end (React), APIs (Elixir and Ruby), dev-ops, data integrations, and data science/engineering, all hosted on AWS cloud and using its products. When you join our engineering team, you will be working with a team that is passionate, collaborative, open-minded, and hardworking. We trust but hold each other accountable to deliver high-quality products as ONE team. So if you are looking for a growing passionate team where you want to make a real impact (not just be a cog in a wheel), and work on trending technologies, then Knotch’s Engineering team is the place to be!
Engineering is the cornerstone of our organization, and we work hard everyday to build the most impactful products possible. We love to experiment, find a deep joy in product iteration and achieve stability with thoughtful architecture and testing all while monitoring our performance and progress at every step.
The Information Security Technical Architect
As our lead in Information Security you’ll focus on our Application, Infrastructure, and Data Security/Privacy efforts. You will be responsible for setting enterprise-level security direction in alignment with our business strategy. You will bring a wide range of experience in the security domains of Security Operations, Risk, Compliance and Identity Management and the tools and philosophical approaches associated with each. You will be a subject matter expert on all aspects of an Information Security Program, ensuring initiatives introduced meet business objectives and are aligned with our security architecture. You will also act as a change agent within the department and company by continually implementing industry standards and best practices across teams. You’d best contribute to security architecture and business strategic planning by providing objective feedback, insight, and recommendations for Knotch. You’d also be responsible for leading investigations for incident response and reviewing system logs. As an active contributor to internal departmental process improvement, you’d become a role model and mentor to your many colleagues. You’d report directly to the SVP of Engineering, Sekhar Vajjhala.
In your first 30 days...
You will have conducted a security audit of our entire Knotch ecosystem across Engineering, Product, and Corporate. You’ll also have been trained on the basics of our product, data pipeline, and industry. You’ll probably have heard the acronyms GDPR and CCPA a few times in conversation!
By 60 days...
You’ll have begun to work cross-functionally with our Revenue, Legal, IT, Engineering, and Product teams to strategize on security projects for our most relevant business cases. You’ll have spoken to leads in all departments to scope out these security projects that will solve our business needs but not derail our teams’ work. You’ll also have begun to understand the needs of our clients and have prepared to meet with them.
By 90 days...
Your projects would be in the works and you’ll have been introduced to our clients. You’ll have met with all relevant teams and established yourself as the go-to person for security at Knotch both internally and externally. You’d have also planned the needs for your security projects and have begun to gather the necessary information to begin those projects.
How you’ll add value at Knotch:
- Lead planning, implementing, and testing of security systems, policies, procedures and standards
- Architect cloud security solutions using the AWS ecosystem
- Lead secure software development discussions with clients
- Ensure sensitive data on our information system is protected to prevent unauthorized access
- Provide technical security leadership at the enterprise level
- Design solutions that balance security and business requirements
- Lead technical teams through the investigation, RCA, remediation and documentation of security incidents
- Effectively work with engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders. Collaboration is the name of the game!
- Act as a point of escalation to individual contributors and Business leadership team
- Deliver dashboards and reports to a wide audience demonstrating our current program state and adherence to framework standards
- Provide data privacy regulations, NIST standards, GDPR, CCPA, and others while implementing processes to ensure effective data protection controls
- Stay current with industry trends, attacks, mitigation measures, and application security standards
- Respond to client and vendor security assessments
- Mentor engineering teams and others at Knotch on security best practices
- Eventually hire for and build Knotch’s first robust Security team
You’ll be successful here if you bring:
- 7+ years of information security experience
- 3+ years experience architecting/developing/maintaining cloud solutions SaaS/PaaS/IaaS environments
- A history of policies, standards, and best practices that you’ve developed from ground up in collaboration with other engineering and product leadership teams
- A self-starter mentality with the ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams
- Communication skills, empathy and expertise to instill confidence with external clients on data privacy and systems security
- A pragmatic approach to balancing security, user, and business requirements
- Knowledge of industry standard control frameworks (e.g. NIST, SOC2 etc.)
- Knowledge of what it takes to be GDPR/CCPA compliant
- The mindset to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment, prioritizing and delivering on evolving timelines
- Dependability traits and show a sense of urgency about getting results
- Excellent documentation skills and a care for tracking context and purpose
Knotch is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to provide equal opportunities in all of our processes, including our hiring and employee experience.
We pride ourselves on our three values: transparency, relentlessness, and inclusiveness.
We commit to daily work towards leading with empathy, reducing bias through periodic training, and engaging with and uplifting communities of marginalized groups.
We condemn all forms of racism and discrimination on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy or parenthood status, veteran status, disability status or any other identifier.
We encourage all employees, clients, investors, candidates, vendors, and friends of Knotch to deliver honest feedback directly or anonymously so that we may always seek to improve as an organization that is dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
Share your thoughts with us, and you will be heard.