RADAR is building technology to completely transform the in-store experience for retail employees and customers alike. Our proprietary hardware and software platform combines RFID, computer vision and machine learning to provide hyper-precise, real-time location of every product and person in physical stores. This unprecedented capability enables retailers to automate in-store inventory management, analytics, and checkout...and this is just the beginning of what we hope to accomplish together.
About The Job
We are enthusiastic to bring on our first Infrastructure Engineer to join our quickly growing team. In this role, you will design and manage our private and public cloud infrastructure, implement robust identity solutions, and continue to improve our network access and security. You will work closely with the rest of the engineering function and actively contribute to defining, improving, and documenting RADAR’s IT practices. This position can be based in either our New York City or San Diego office.
In your first week you will:
- Setup your local development environment
- Meet with the team to understand their pain-points and requirements
- Familiarize yourself with our current cloud infrastructure
In your first month you will:
- Take over responsibility for our infrastructure
- Propose, design and begin to implement our identity management solution
- Learn the retail operations solution, including the technical interactions between the store and our cloud infrastructure
In your first year you will:
- Design our private and public cloud infrastructure to support our retail operations services
- Understand and document our security requirements and policies
- Continue to identify and implement security for data compliance
- Continue to improve and manage our distributed office networks
- Take over mobile device management with input from engineering team
- You have 5+ years professional experience working in IT
- You have maintained a private and public cloud infrastructure
- You have managed identities and logins for a corporate network
- You are extremely well versed in networks and network security
- You are proficient in both linux and windows IT concepts
- You have at 2+ years of professional experience working at a tech-focused startup
- You are familiar using Azure as a main cloud provider
- You are familiar with MDM solutions for OSX and Windows (a super bonus is Linux workstations)
- You have used Terraform to manage infrastructure configuration and deployments
What We’re Looking For In Teammates
Technology like what we’re building doesn’t happen on its own. It is the result of a collaborative environment and the hard work of passionate, dedicated individuals working intelligently towards a common goal. We are looking for exceptional people to join our growing team and have a positive impact on our culture, technology, and product from day one. We deeply value humility, curiosity, and a positive attitude and you should as well. You should also believe that mutual respect is the foundation of any healthy and productive relationship. You should be unafraid to ask questions or challenge responses no matter how simple or complex. Most importantly, you should value honest and direct communication as you recognize that this is the best way for any individual or team to continuously learn and grow. Accomplishing our collective goals will be fun but it will also be hard; you should be in pursuit of an ongoing and rewarding challenge!
What It’s Like To Work With Us
We’re passionate about the technology we’ve created and what we’re building, but we know that changing any industry and creating a successful company will take balance, maturity, and a sustained effort. We’ve combined retail industry expertise, amazing engineers with experience shipping real-world hardware and software solutions, and a team of brilliant minds who are not afraid to focus on solving “impossible” problems. But this passion doesn’t mean we live unbalanced lives. We have families and passions outside of work, and we know that the best work comes from sharp, rested people. We respect each other and each of our contributions, and we believe that the best solutions will come from a diversity of ideas and perspectives.
Finally, we build our products with deep empathy for the people who will use them every day. Their input and insights are our clearest guide to building what they need; we respect our partners and clients, and listen closely to their feedback.