Insurance Operations Associate, Benefits Operations Support at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
You have no issue with doing what needs to be done in troubleshooting, addressing, and escalating emerging issues. You’re successful in working independently to meet deadlines, and can also collaborate cross functionally within the organization and with third party vendors. You are a champion of analyzing, lateral thinking, and problem solving.
As the Health Benefits Operations Associate, you will be responsible for operational success and support of a number of different Benefit programs at Justworks. You will also work closely with Benefit Operations Analysts and Product and Engineering teams to improve existing systems and help implement new Benefit offerings.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Execute day-to-day operations for Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA & COBRA products as part of Justworks Benefits Program
- Resolve benefit inquiries/issues generated by Customer Success and Sales teams within the agreed upon service level agreements (SLAs)
- Work with third party vendors to resolve escalated issues such as enrollment errors, plan coding issues, or payroll file failures
- Partner with our Product, Engineering, and Legal teams to improve systems and resolve issues
- Create and update documentation on ongoing processes, product updates, and new projects
- Participate in internal and regulatory audits of vendors, products, and systems
- Maintain and execute regular filing and/or any additional regulatory duties
- Deliver on vendor and internal partner SLAs
- Perform other related duties as assigned
As a Health Benefits Operations Associate, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Ethical practice - the ability to integrate core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Analytical - uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through a situation or problem to arrive at an outcome.
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an Operations role required
- Basic SQL knowledge required
- Basic Excel knowledge required
- Knowledge of Employer Sponsored Benefit Plans a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Strong analytical and data management skills
- Strong project management and execution skills
- Proven success working independently
- Comfortable addressing and escalating emerging issues
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment