Insurance Operations Associate at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
The Insurance Operations Associate will be responsible for assisting our Workers’ Compensation Operations team with specific tasks to improve overall operational efficiency. They will support customer requests related to Justworks’ workers’ compensation policy, ensure workers’ compensation coverage for customers, and help maintain the relationship with our carrier by updating carrier records and customer files. This position will work to evaluate workers’ compensation insurance risks, working closely with the Underwriting, Customer Support, and Licensing teams at Justworks. The ideal candidate will have a desire to help others, a curiosity to learn, and an interest in streamlining operational procedures and processes between or within departments.What You'll Do
- Resolve inquiries generated by Justworks’ Customer Success team by reaching out to appropriate state agencies, internal Justworks teams, and carrier
- Evaluate customer records to create workers’ compensation policies for new locations and underwrite new employee class codes in customers’ workforce
- Communicate customer changes and updates to workers’ comp carrier
- Assist Workers’ Compensation Operations team in preparing for policy renewals, audits, and other sizable projects
- Assist Licensing team in ensuring compliance with workers’ compensation related state guidelines
- Coordinate with other teams across Justworks and maintain an effective working relationship with broker, program administrator, and carrier
- Assist senior team members in building out internal resources (help desk articles or training decks)
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented
- Basic proficiency in Excel and/or SQL
- You like working with people and helping others solve problems
- You enjoy entrepreneurial environments and want to help build something meaningful
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment