Insurance Operations Director at Rhino
Rhino is charging into the real estate space to unlock over $190 billion in cash security deposits. We are building products, like our affordable insurance policy, to put money back in renters' pockets.
As an Insurance Operations Director at Rhino, you’ll assume a crucial role on a hungry team that is ready and eager to transform the future of renting and insurance.
In this role you will:
Be responsible for managing, developing, and implementation of all facets of the insurance operations organization including claims, rate and form filings, licensing and examinations. The individual will work closely with product management teams, analytics, and legal teams to support Rhino’s insurance products.
- Oversee and improve claims processes and workflows in collaboration with product teams.
- Prepare and submit rate and form filings to state Departments of Insurance and work with a third-party vendor on the same.
- Specify and test forms and rating generation criteria.
- Collaborate with product teams to create forms and rating business requirements and project implementation.
- Conduct internal compliance and audit review of filings and tax payments and ensure compliance with state guidelines.
- Manage our licensing of agents and adjusters and maintain a licensing database.
- Effectively manage and implement changes in processes, structure and resources to achieve optimal results.
In terms of qualifications, we’re ideally seeking:
- 3-5 years experience in property & casualty operations role
- Deep understanding of insurance regulations, underwriting, and policy coverages, including surety.
- You thrive in a dynamic and often changing environment and enjoy managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You are a strong independent thinker and contributor and you love collaborating across teams.
- You feel at home using Microsoft Office, G Suite, Slack and additional modern workspace technology.
- Experience with surplus lines products and filings preferred.
- Adjuster licensing and experience with market conduct exams or audits also a plus.