Insurance Operations Manager at Rhino
Rhino is charging into the real estate space to unlock over $190 billion in cash security deposits. We are building products, like our affordable insurance policy, to put money back in renters' pockets.
As an Insurance Operations Manager at Rhino, you’ll assume a crucial role on a hungry team that is ready and eager to transform the future of renting and insurance.
In this role you will:
Be responsible for managing, developing, and implementation of all facets of the insurance operations organization including managing rate and form filings and implementation, tax and premium reporting, nationwide licensing and audits. The individual will work closely with product management, analytics, and legal & compliance teams to support Rhino’s insurance products.
- Manage rate and form filings to state Departments of Insurance and work closely with third-party vendors on the same.
- Manage all aspects of surplus lines filings, taxes and stamping fee payments across national footprint and work closely with third-party vendors on the same.
- Recruit, hire & manage personnel to internalize insurance operations functions over time.
- Collaborate with product teams to create forms and rating business requirements and project implementation
- Programmatically test forms and rating generation criteria on an ongoing basis to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Effectively manage and implement changes in processes, structure and resources to achieve optimal results.
In terms of qualifications, we’re ideally seeking:
- 3-5 years experience in a property & casualty operations role, including experience managing other operations personnel.
- Deep understanding of insurance regulations, underwriting, and policy coverages, including surety.
- You thrive in a dynamic and often changing environment and enjoy managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You are a strong independent thinker and contributor and you love collaborating across teams.
- You feel at home using Microsoft Office, G Suite, Slack and other modern workspace technology.
- Experience with both admitted and surplus lines products and filings is strongly preferred.
- Experience with market conduct exams or audits is also a plus.