Interior Architect Manager at Common
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
Interior Design at Common is unique in that we are the industry experts in shared living. We believe that through thoughtful design we can foster a living experience that is convenient, flexible, beautiful, and builds community. In the past, Common has realized our brand aesthetics through collaboration with 3rd party designers. The Interior Architect role is instrumental to our transition to bring the interior design scope in-house. The role will require a high level of autonomy and will involve a combination of technicality, project management, and production.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an exciting start up at an early stage, as your work will have a meaningful and significant impact on both the member experience and the formation of future processes at Common. You will report directly to the Director of Architecture and work closely with peers in the Design and Construction Team. You will work side-by-side with our Architecture group and the Photo Art Director to ensure the continuity of our strong brand aesthetics. You will learn the ins and outs of residential design across multiple cities and multiple scales. With success, your role will expand as Common continues to scale.
- Team management of interior architects.
- Developing standards and business processes from scratch.
- Production and management of deliverables: drawing sets, concept mood boards, specifications, and construction administration.
- Providing technical specifications and construction details.
- Building a library of finish and fixture selections that is practical, chic, and scalable.
- Project and account management and coordination between owners, architects, and contractors with excellent customer service.
- Master’s Degree in Architecture or Interior Architecture required.
- 7+ Years of professional experience in an architecture/interior design firm required.
- Candidate must have experience in customer service and client management.
- Candidate must have experience in project management.
- Work Samples must demonstrate experience in production and management of drawing sets and specification manuals.
- Work Samples must demonstrate experience and familiarity with finishes, materials and fixtures.
- Sharp eye for interior design and finishes required.
- Proficiency in Rhino, Excel, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign required. Revit is not required but preferred.
- Candidate must be detail-oriented and comfortable supporting ideas with both qualitative and analytical reasoning.
- Candidate must be a continuous learner who enjoys researching, testing and implementing best practices.
- Quick adaptation to an expanding variety of platforms, apps, and workflows in a fast-paced startup environment required.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.