Internal Controls Associate at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by pioneering dynamic ownership and enabling women to rent, subscribe to and purchase secondhand clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. By creating a new model of dynamic ownership rooted in sustainability, RTR has made apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 700 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Job:
We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated Internal Controls Associate to join our growing Finance team. You will play a key role during an exciting period of high growth and process transformation. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a fast-paced, extremely successful, high energy company.
What You’ll Do:
- Support new and ongoing business transformation initiatives across the company around risk, internal controls, and compliance.
- Consult and provide guidance in business, technology and operational processes from a financial reporting risk perspective.
- Drive assessments and reviews of various functional areas that have potential financial, operational, or compliance risk implications.
- Engage with cross-functional partners for analyzing problems, assessing risks, developing improvement opportunities and/or corrective actions, building consensus and supporting implementation of remediation solutions.
- Develop well-targeted management presentations, reports, roadmaps, detailed flowcharts and process documentation.
- Partner with the teams across Accounting, Finance, IT, Engineering, Operations, as well as third party consultants, on various related initiatives.
- You have Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Information Systems
- You have or are currently working towards an audit relevant certification (CPA, CISA, CIA)
- You have 3+ years of experience in internal or external audits including processes, systems, SOX, financial compliance
- You have experience with reviewing and documenting finance, operational and IT processes
- You are a strong communicator, both written and verbal, with the ability to work with both subject matter experts and senior level management, technical and non-technical
- You are focused on delivery, willingness to perform all tasks required to complete the job, including administrative tasks
- You are highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- You are able to execute and follow-through on tasks while ensuring attention to detail
- You have an investigative and curious nature, and enjoy problem-solving
- You have a strong work ethic and a can-do positive attitude
- You aer willing to participate in projects outside of your immediate areas
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.