At Paxos, we are creating the infrastructure for a new, open financial system - one that anyone can access and participate in, and that operates efficiently. There are billions of people in the world who are unbanked or underbanked, and trillions of dollars that are locked up because of the inefficiencies of the legacy system. We envision a new system that allows any asset to move instantaneously, anywhere in the world - to unlock the potential of assets and people everywhere. Our customers include some of the biggest enterprises in the world like PayPal, Credit-Suisse and Societe Generale, and together we are upgrading the global financial system using modern blockchain and crypto technology.
We are looking for an Internal Controls Manager to be responsible for owning all internal controls at Paxos. This role will be responsible for scheduling and coordinating annual testing activities, helping manage policy and procedure approvals and library, and corporate processes such as business continuity and training. This role requires someone who is organized and detail oriented. You will work closely with cross functional stakeholders, as well as help contribute to audits and annual testing. An important aspect of the role will be to build excellent working relationships with cross functional stakeholders.
What you will do:
- Own scheduling and coordination for recurring control testing activities
- Advise on controls and their implementation
- Assist in corporate processes such as business continuity and training
- Maintain policies and procedures library, updates and approvals
- Assist in responding to requests for information and audits related to controls
- Serve as a company resource for all things controls and steward a culture of controls compliance
- Keep our Governance, Risk and Controls system up to date with the latest information
- Partner with stakeholders to identify risk(s) and issue(s) and developing remediation plans
What you need to have:
- 3-6 years of experience in an internal controls function or similar role
- A passion for internal controls and policy management
- Experience with SOC assessments and control evaluations
- Ability to work cross functionally and to drive outcomes
- Experience in audit, business continuity, infosec, or compliance
- Certifications in audit and controls (i.e CIA, CISA, CPA, CFE)
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 150 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like PayPal, Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, StoneX and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why choose Paxos? Paxos has consistently been named as a “Best Place to Work” by BuiltIn and was recently listed on the 2021 Forbes Fintech 50. Our employees have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like healthcare coverage, family leave, a $500 quarterly stipend for employee development and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and find a home at Paxos. Help us build a new, open financial system from our three offices or right from your home!
Learn more about us:
- The Paxos Blog
- Paxos Raises $300 Million Series D
- The Future of Paypal and Paxos Partnership
- Unchained Podcast: Paxos’s Partnership With PayPal
- Paxos in 2020: A Year in Review
- Most Influential in 2020 CEO Feature
- Fireside Chat with Paxos CEO Chad Cascarilla and Robinhood CEO Vlad Tenev
- Interactive Brokers Group Introduces Cryptocurrency Trading Through Paxos