Internal Controls Manager at Paxos
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Novi, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
We are looking for an Internal Controls Manager to be responsible for owning all internal controls at Paxos. This role will be responsible for scheduling and coordinating annual testing activities, helping manage policy and procedure approvals and library, and corporate processes such as business continuity and training. This role requires someone who is organized and detail oriented. You will work closely with cross functional stakeholders, as well as help contribute to audits and annual testing. An important aspect of the role will be to build excellent working relationships with cross functional stakeholders.
As an Internal Controls Manager, you'll get to:
- Own scheduling and coordination for recurring control testing activities
- Advise on controls and their implementation
- Assist in corporate processes such as business continuity and training
- Maintain policies and procedures library, updates and approvals
- Assist in responding to requests for information and audits related to controls
- Serve as a company resource for all things controls and steward a culture of controls compliance
- Keep our Governance, Risk and Controls system up to date with the latest information
- Partner with stakeholders to identify risk(s) and issue(s) and developing remediation plans
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your experience should include:
- 3-6 years of experience in an internal controls function or similar role
- Experience with SOC assessments and control evaluations
- Certifications in audit and controls (i.e CIA, CISA, CPA, CFE)
You might also have:
- A passion for internal controls and policy management
- Ability to work cross functionally and to drive outcomes
- Experience in audit, business continuity, infosec, or compliance
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been named as a “Best Place to Work” by BuiltIn and was listed on the 2021 Forbes Fintech 50. All of our employees have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a $500 quarterly stipend for development, a $500 stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- USDP Stablecoin Chosen for Facebook's Pilot of Novi Digital Wallet
- Forbes Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 50
- Paxos Supports Interactive Brokers' Journey into Crypto Markets
- CB Insights Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 250 for Crypto Category
- Paxos Supports Flourish Crypto
- Paxos National Trust Receives OCC Conditional Approval for De Novo Charter
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more open, trusted economy.