Noom is a leading global digital health company. We believe in the power of health care over sick care—to help more people live healthier lives. Driven by technology, science, and human coaches, Noom has helped millions of people build healthier habits and successfully take control of their health.
While we believe weight management is the foundation of better health, it’s just the beginning of our healthcare pursuits at Noom. We’re applying our mind-and-body approach toward preventing conditions like pre-diabetes and diabetes, helping people manage their stress and anxiety, and much more.
Fortune, Inc., Glassdoor, and Crain’s have all named Noom a Best Place to Work including being named on Fortune’s lists for Best Workplaces in Technology, Best Workplaces for Women, and Best Workplaces for Millennials. As a rapidly growing company, Noom has also been included in Crain’s Fast 50 and Deloitte’s Fast 500. Our co-founders have been the recipients of EY’s Entrepreneur of the Year and Fortune’s 40 under 40 in Health.
Across our dynamic and high-growth organization, we empower our teams to execute on big ideas. We start and end each day believing that it’s our responsibility to make the world a healthier place.
If you’re interested in creating lasting change at a mission-driven company, then we should talk. Our Communications Team is seeking an International Communications Lead to help our team raise the bar and amplify the Noom story abroad. Though our goals are lofty, we’ve accumulated the talent and skills needed to help us make them a reality—all that’s missing is you.
What You'll Do
- Help lead and execute a 360 communications strategy across a diverse assortment of international markets and raise Noom’s profile meaningfully abroad
- Develop a wide range of localized communications materials including pitches, media trackers, one pagers, and editorial calendars.
- Day-to-day management of high-value communications agencies across several time zones– helping to build KPIs and develop powerful angles to execute against them
- Maintain databases of coverage, press activity, and press targets; manage PR tracking and analytics.
- Lead on the execution of global media campaigns in partnership with Noom HQ, building fully localized strategies that ladder into the company’s growth goals
- Develop on-brand and on-message events and activations that generate press and bolster the brand’s recognition in nascent markets
- Collect and organize data from cross-functional groups working in parallel with the Communications team.
- Conduct research relevant to the organization and prospective media opportunities.
- Manage team meetings, maintain and distribute notes and team updates.
- Work closely with our teams on the ground in the UK and Australia to integrate communications strategies into the broader marketing blueprint
- Develop an international communications playbook that can be adapted and rolled out across future international markets that are slated for expansion
What We Look For
- 6-8 years of experience in communications, public relations and/or journalism, with at least three years managing international publicity
- Someone who enjoys atypical working hours and thrives in asynchronous work environments
- Talent for creative idea generation and storytelling, and an ability to build fruit pitches around them
- Strong agency-management skills
- Detail oriented and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication and outstanding listening skills.
- Strong knowledge of the media and communications industries, with a preference toward knowledge of those in the UK, Australia, and beyond.
- Ability to lead through ambiguity and prioritize across multiple projects and tasks.
- Preference to those who are based in NYC, with consideration also given to those based in the UK
- Strong cross-functional partnership to drive collaboration with the marketing, sales, engineering and product teams.
- Highly computer and Internet literate, with strong understanding of Google Suite, Slack and Zoom. Bonus: You have familiarity with media databases, social listening and project management tools.
What Makes This Job Amazing:
- You’ll be helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- You’ll have wonderful benefits including healthcare/dental, wellness budget, daily gourmet meals prepared by our onsite chefs, onsite yoga, and annual technology upgrade allowance
- You’ll experience huge learning & professional growth opportunities. Noom believes in supporting you; we’ll cover the cost of books, courses, conferences… you name it!
- You’ll become part of our transparent, high-performing, and close-knit team
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary, equity, and benefits. We guarantee you will learn a tremendous amount in a short time. For those who value and excel in transparent, high-intensity, and high-impact environments, there is significant opportunity for advancement.